TT dies

9532dlh

Reaction score
Anyone have experience w/ a major TT failure? mine just went as follows: I have an Audi TT 180hp 2001 w/ 70k ( mostly highway miles). I was idling in traffic this morning with the engine running fine and then I hear a series of clanks for about 1-2 seconds and then the engine shuts off--- no warnings, nothing. restarting produces nothing. I now know the day has gone bad. I take what I can and leave ----dashing thru 2 lanes of morning rush hour traffic . I then call a wrecker. Audi service informs me later that the water pump blew up. creating a chain reaction of a sort that involved overheating the engine , jumping the timing belt, bending valves etc. and even the turbo looks like its spent. the total damage about 4000. dollars or even more. I plan to call audi service.- one has to complain at the very least. I mean I don't mind paying for the water pump -the initial cause, but all the subsequent damage? should that be my responsibility? Does anybody have any ideas on what I should do or expect? thanks.

sorry dude I wouldn't know, but that's such bad news! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif feel for ya fella - really do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif