Front ARB collars and Bushes

IanM

Reaction score
Hi, just joined this site today, My TT (225 Q BAM 2001 8N3069) is getting older, service & repair becoming expensive. Sorry if these questions have been asked before. Audi service report says "front arb collars cracked and bushes worn - wishbone bushes starting to cracked. Question is can I do this work myself without having to remove major parts i.e. front sub frame, exhaust etc. Happy doing the work myself but limited to axle stands. Any comments welcome, thanks

Just done the front ARB on my 2002 S3 would have thought it would be the same job. Did it on the drive using axle stands took about 5 hours taking my time. You do have to lower the subframe but if you take your time it really isn't that hard, I did the rear as well as that was knackered just like the front, I just replaced like for like didn't bother with the R32 ones as I won't be upgrading the shockers etc so didn't see the point, but thats down to personal choice.

Hi thanks for that info, passed the MOT today so I will be doing that job during the summer along with a cambelt change. Cheers