Buying a TT..... but concerned!

markyp2002

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Ive owned an A3 2001 1.8T for a while now, and the missus wants to get rid of her KA and buy a TT.

After looking at some ridiculous ones, i think ive found the perfect one.

2001 51 Plate TT 225, black leather interior, silver and all that jazz.

The car is immaculate, full Audi service history, and its done 120k miles ( a little high i know, but still looks and drives like new)

My concern is this:

I took it for a test drive middle of last week, and im not sure if this happens to all of them, but when you dip the clutch in to change gear and lift of the accelerator, the revs dont seem to drop as fast as they do in say my a3, almost sounds like your foot is still on the accelerator for a split second.

Now is this common in all of them, as my theory to it would be being a sports car (kind of) perhaps it would do this to keep the revs up whilst changing gear?

If its not supposed to do this, anyone have an idea of what it could be and what sort of money are we talking to get it repaired?

Thanks in advance!

Get a Fault scan done, it may have a faulty clutch switch or perhaps a failed Diverter valve both of these problems may not show in a fault scan, but the clutch switch can be tested diagnostically and the DV can be tested mechanically.

Throttle bodies have been known to cause this symptom as well but this is rarer.