Next Step

csleee

Reaction score
Ive got a 2002 TT 225 Quattro, so far I have an APR chip and the Forge 007P DV

What should I do next? Are intakes worth it?

BTW I am in the US

I went for a Milltek after what you have. It makes the car breath easier as the top end - it carries it's revs easily to the red. It also seems to allow the car to spin up a bit better. Of course the major benefit is the sound.

FMIC get good write ups from their owners but I never went for it. If you are in a hot climate then I'd recommend it. Over hear (UK) I guess the value is slightly less apart from the odd hot day in summer. The FMIC cars always get better results on Rolling Roads as the lack of airflow and headsoak affects the non-FMIC cars a lot earlier.

Which Milltek exhaust did you get and how loud is it? Do FMIC really do much on a TT with my minor mods? What is the general consensus on intakes...are they worth the money?

Thanks

I had the FMIC fitted on my TT and felt it was worth it as the standard intercoolers were pretty inefficient made a noticable difference to top end. Milltek cat and exhaust probably would be next on my list if I were you.

Engine-wise from there I went:
* exhaust (take a look under the rear at the stock squashed pipe section). I went custom 2.5" without resonator. I've heard a couple of different resonated exhausts and they are extremely subtle and quite. Mine is much the same until WOT.
* FMIC

Air intakes don't seem to do much - never seen any dyno proof of their gains on our cars. If you want a little more responsiveness then you can try modify the stock box by running an additional cold air feed into it.

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
It's not really surprising since I know of no public dyno that can create anywhere near normal airflow and pressure.

I'm not saying you're wrong (or right) but a dyno won't show it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point however i've only ever seen one real ram-air type setup where that would be more of a factor... the guy had a pod filter in a box which sealed to the bonnet... and a subtle naca duct cut into the bonnet. Was a very nice setup - obviously no possible negative effects by lengthening the intake to run cold air ducts etc etc.