esp on tt and tyre pressure please

davidjohngarty@yahoo.co.u

Reaction score
can any one tell me when i would press the esp button on my audi tt 225 and doese any one know what the tire pressure are to my wheels are 225 40 18 cheers every body and happy new year to you all:think:

you would turn the esp off in the snow, so i have been told. but the main reason to turn it off is when driving hard. if you are a capable driver you turn off the esp, this allows the car to slide a bit. near me i have some concrete roads and when tryin to accelerate hard in the rain the esp cuts the power something chronic to stop the rear end stepping out with it turned off the wheels slip a bit and its more fun to hang it out.

not sure if your pressures will be the same as i have the 3.2 but i will have a look tomorrow for you

cheers bud for the replie but i have never turned esp on since i got the car had it for 4 months just wondered wat the diff was thanks again bud davie:happy:

the esp should be on all the time, you have to physicaly turn it off, when you do that the esp light will illuminate, this signifies its off.

as for tyre pressures, the figures should be on the inside of the fuel cap and for mine are as follows

two adults and a bag - front 2.6bar (38psi) - rear 2.0bar (29psi)
two adults two chidren + full boot - front 2.7bar (39psi) rear 2.4bar (35psi)

but bare in mind mine is the 3.2 so i am carrying more weight over the front wheels

cheers bud well ive just learnt some thing there my esp must be on then i thought that when you press the esp and it lights up i would have thought that that was it on just as you press the heated seats or the hazzard light button when they light up there on so its the oposite esp lights up when its off thanks for help.:salute: yip tire press is under prtrol cap cheers again bud davie