2005 3.2 TT Roadster to buy or not to buy?

col6821

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been around this forum for about 18 months, I prevoiusly had an S3 and I'm now thinking of buying a clean example of the above for 'er indoors.

Having already had the 1.8t engine in my S3 (210Bhp) I'd like to try the 3.2 DSG. Is there anything I should look out for, or is it all good with this unit and box?

Does anyone know when the cambelt and associated water-pump etc (I'm assuming that it's the same as the 1.8) should be changed, miles/years?

I presume the 3.2 runs the same 4WD system as the 1.8 (Haldex)?

Can anyone tell me what the 'real world' fuel economy is like?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Col

not sure what to look for really, apart form the cd player goes wrong fairly often. as for fuel economy if i drive i like a granny round town stop start i get about 21mpg, extra urban so 40-50mph roads with not many stops, 27mpg and on a motorway run 31-33 depending on the number of hills. hope this helps. these figures are on tesco 99ron, i find them 1mpg less on shell optimax and a further 2mpg less on any 95ron fuel.

I have had mt roadster for almost 3 years... first thing I would do is if mileage is close to 50,000 I would replace timing belt water pump and serpentine belt also i would get rid of the Cd player and replace it with a Phat-box I have one and have over 150 Cd's and it is still not full on sunny days you will be glad you have the roadster I do mot believe you will be disappointed

Thanks for the responses all.

I drove it today, and it drove really well, nice and firm, not too much noise from the roof (although a little more than expected at mway speeds, so the dealer is checking this out).
It's done 18,700 miles so it's got a few to go before the cambelt change (although this was a concern after the £600 bill for it on my S3).

It's got a phone bracket thingy on the dash (GSM) but without a cradle attached, I suppose this has to be purchased from Audi for specific phones?

I probably won't use a phatbox, but would like a cable to connect up my i-pod, so I'll look for this in due course.

Oh, after the test drive, I bought it (obviously)!

Pick it up on Saturday SWMBO can't wait!

Cheers.

Audi_TT 83 said:
cool, i was really excited when i was going to pick it up. i take it you fell in love with the noise from the exhaust, the spitting and burbling mmm you will enjoy it
Ha ha, that's exactly what happened (and the salesman knew it would).
I was originally going to look at a DSG car, but that wasn't available, so we've ended up with a manual, but as the car will be mainly driven by my wife (she's only ever driven manual cars), and it's very well spec'd up, I'm not at all bothered by that (until I have a go in a DSG).

mine is a manual aswell, i didn't even try the dsg. i was originally going to get a 225 but couldn't find one, then my girlfriend persuaded me to try a 3.2 at my local dealer, i expected to hate it but i drove it and fell in love with it, and the rest is history. i think you will enjoy the manual