Door Latch Problems!!!!

jondana

Reaction score
Has anyone else had these kind of problems:

My drivers door always thinks it is open, even if I slam it hard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The stupid ding ding of the door being open is driving me nuts!!! What is worse is the window on the same side goes up and then hits a sopt about an inch from the top and then goes down, like my hand or something is in its way. The repair place said I need a new door latch, because the sensor is in there. Any comments???

I bought the first 2000 TT Quattro in the San Francisco bay area and I think I am paying dearly for it!

I had an identical problem on my A3 2001 TQ. It drove me nuts whilst it was happening, the interior lights were on (until I turned them off) and the lights on the doors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif aswell as the info on the DIS.

Fortunately I wasn't far from the dealers and they managed to sort the problem tempoarily whilst they ordered a new door latch mechanism.

I'm afraid I can't tell you more than that in terms of fixing the problem. I'm sure others may be able to provide more info...

Ben