Badger5Chris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Do you think this will be a write-off?

Not been inspected yet, but I'm guessing it will be....... ?

Current drives -
    51 TT 225 Coup in Moro Blue !!! DEAD !!!
    53 Ford Fusion + 'it's great for old people and putting kitesurfing gear in' /174,000 miles and still going strong!
    55 Ford Fiesta S TDci /58mpg and fun
    Vans - TDi Caddys, New Transit, New and Old Sprinters

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Yes. Because it looks like the A-pillar is bent.

6th Gear

Status
    I agree. Quite an impressive one that.
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

S6 avant

Status
    yes. new shell to do it right, lots of labour.
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.

Neutral

Status
    yeh deffo roof and pillars lots of panel

smoking a6

Status
    looks fairly bent
    just a little a6

5th Gear

Status
    Hmmm, FUBAR'd methinks. Done a nice job of that mate - everyone OK?
    Justin

2001 VW Golf 2.3 V5 (170) Highline, Indigo Blue - standard, for now...

A4 (B5) SE with a few slight amendments here and there (sold)

6th Gear

Status
    [insert]standard T-Cut comment[/insert]
    A4 2.0TDI S Line (2008)
    MMI/Sat Nav, Parking System Advanced, Advanced Key

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thought as much. Yes, everyone was fine, just a few aches and pains today and mini freak-outs about how much worse it could have been.
    The X5 that pulled out as I was over-taking was pretty unscathed, you can see his paint on the NS wing.
    Cops were great and thankfully there was an independent witness who saw everything.
    Current drives -
    53 Ford Fusion + 'it's great for old people and putting kitesurfing gear in' /174,000 miles and still going strong!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Has anyone had experience of dealing with insurance companies with situations like this?

I'm assuming they (the X5's insurers) will come back with a laughable 'book value' nowhere near what it's worth, ignoring the fact that my car has been taken away from me and I'm left to find something else...... that will never be the same as mine.

Thanks!
    Current drives -

6th Gear

Status
    Has the X5 driver accepted liability, because if you were overtaking and on the wrong side of the road it might be difficult for you to get anything out of them.

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Status
    Shame it wasn't a Roadster, i need a skip to dig out my garden!

p.s...I hope there is a real nasty bend coming from the other direction cos otherwise it looks like it was lost on a straight road!!!!!!!

Freelance Automotive Photography

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon
    Thought as much. Yes, everyone was fine, just a few aches and pains today and mini freak-outs about how much worse it could have been.
    The X5 that pulled out as I was over-taking was pretty unscathed, you can see his paint on the NS wing.
    Cops were great and thankfully there was an independent witness who saw everything.
    You know, i really must read all the posts before passing judgement!!!!

Freelance Automotive Photography

Neutral

Status
    if they scrap the car and you can get some small parts you know the hard to get one please give me a chance to get
    I hope everyone is safe
    how fast to flip a TT

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomjim
    Has the X5 driver accepted liability, because if you were overtaking and on the wrong side of the road it might be difficult for you to get anything out of them.
    does it work like that? I thought that it was the responsibility of the driver who was joining 'your' road to make sure that it was safe in BOTH directions to pull out and join?

I've had people pull out on me when i'm overtaking quite a few times, and its the most brown panting experience ever... apart from those days of overtaking uphill in a 1.1 fiesta with a lorry coming the other way....

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madvw
    does it work like that? I thought that it was the responsibility of the driver who was joining 'your' road to make sure that it was safe in BOTH directions to pull out and join?

I've had people pull out on me when i'm overtaking quite a few times, and its the most brown panting experience ever... apart from those days of overtaking uphill in a 1.1 fiesta with a lorry coming the other way....

I'm not sure all i know is it's very hard to get money out of insurance companies. I had a head on with a shogun in a clio after a blind bend and even though i had pictures showing that the shogun was on the wrong side of the road it wasn't proof enough. Ended up as knock for knock.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I should have explained better - I was over taking the X5 and a tractor/trailer both doing about 20-25mph, when I was going past he pulled out. I was at about 50mph and was forced into the bank/hedge whilst slamming on the anchors and thinking WTF?? Never expected it to flip though, and still can't figure it out.

The witness, a couple of cars behind me, said to the Police that he just pulled out without looking and I had no chance and he was willing to make a statement. The Policeman also said to me he could see what happened by the damage to the X5 (ie, I did not drive into him), had photos and would be putting that in the report along with the witness statement.

Fingers crossed....... but I have an unsettled claim from a non-fault accident last May, that's May 2006. The woman was prosecuted, her insurance have admitted liability, so far they have given my my excess back...... only another 5k to go......!
    Current drives -

* J e d i *

Status
    My old R reg A4 just got deemed a total loss and they gave me £2750, i value it at around £1500 as it was f00ked so i did well!, added £500 and got a V reg A4 1.8tqs Hope you have as good luck mate.

1999 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - Xenons - Magic Tree

Now gone:

2000 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - 18" RS4s - Xenons - Remapped 210+bhp - +More - Went bang now dead.

1998 A4 1.8 N/A SE - 18" RS6s - Xenons - Angel Eyes - Fully Colour Coded - Lowered - Full Stainless Exhaust - +More - Writen off by a twit in a rx8

My Current 1.8T Quattro Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    Result! Opened the post when I got home tonight and I got the 3rd (and final?) cheque for the TT.
    Cheque 1 10,300 (10,500 less 200 excess)
    Cheque 2 1,500
    Cheque 3 625

There we have it, a 6yr old TT 225 Coupe in Moro Blue is worth 12,625 and don't let anyone tell you any different!!! Laid it on a bit think with there being a lack of Moro Blue TTs under 13,000.

I presume they finally got the witness statement and all was in my favor. I just need to confirm liability, settle the uninsured losses, rental car for the last 4 weeks and find something else now.

ButchsTT - if you want parts I can let you know where it is and/or ask questions. PM me.
    Current drives -

RGBArgee
    Poole Audi
    582-600 Ringwood Road
    Poole
    Dorset
    BH12 4LW
    £16,950

RadPanelbarAppendStyleSheet('MediaCentre_MultiPage _FeatureCategoriesMenu', '');
    /*\')",'MediaCentre_MultiPage_FeatureCategoriesMenu ',false,false,false,null,'','Left','Left','','Feat ureCategory','FeatureCategoryHover','','FeatureCat egoryHover','FeatureCategoryHover','FeatureCategor y','FeatureCategoryText','FeatureCategoryText','', '','','FeatureCategoryText','Feature','Feature','' ,'FeatureHover','FeatureHover','FeatureSelected',' FeatureText','FeatureText','','','','FeatureText', true,false,'Zigzag','','','158px','onBeforeExpand' ,'','','','onBeforeFeatureClick','','','','',true) ;MediaCentre_MultiPage_FeatureCategoriesMenu.Panel Items = new Array();MediaCentre_MultiPage_FeatureCategoriesMen u.Init();/*]]>*/}
    RadPanelbarAppendStyleSheet('MediaCentre_MultiPage _ReviewMenu', '');
    /*\')",'MediaCentre_MultiPage_ReviewMenu',false,fal se,false,null,'','Left','Left','','FeatureCategory ','FeatureCategoryHover','','FeatureCategoryHover' ,'FeatureCategoryHover','FeatureCategory','Feature CategoryText','FeatureCategoryText','','','','Feat ureCategoryText','Feature','Feature','','FeatureHo ver','FeatureHover','FeatureSelected','FeatureText ','FeatureText','','','','FeatureText',true,false, 'Zigzag','','','158px','onBeforeExpand','','','',' onBeforeReviewClick','','','','',true);MediaCentre _MultiPage_ReviewMenu.PanelItems = new Array();MediaCentre_MultiPage_ReviewMenu.Init();/*]]>*/}

window.MediaCentre_MultiPage = new RadMultiPage('MediaCentre_MultiPage');pwCustomFunc tionManager = 'MediaCentre:LiveCallback1';var pwCustomFunctionManagerUpdateAll = true; Mileage: *49,026 milesRegistered:Sep 2004Transmission:ManualFuel:PetrolRegistration:ML5 4FJZ

Tel: 01202 775050
    Fax: 01202 722350
    Email us