Running problem, 225 model

nissh

Reaction score
When driving slowly at small roundabouts etc. the car can lurch badly usually between 1500rpm and 2500rpm. I think it’s in the limbo area, not accelerating nor decelerating, it is hard to tell as it is only for a split second. It can happen further up the rev range it is just less noticeable. First gear shows the problem the most. The car also runs rough on start up.
The car was not heating up properly but I have since replaced the thermostat and sensor. The car now sits bang on 90 and gets up to temperature quite quickly. I was hoping the two problems were related but sadly the blip is still there. The car has been hooked up the machine but no fault codes are present.
Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

possibly a leak or maybe a maf failure is showing up, has the Diverter Valve been checked ? Where are you based?

Thanks for replying, I have had the car onthe Bosch machine and it show's no faults logged. The MAF sounds possible, can they be cleaned or are you better to replace? What is the Diverter Valve? The car idles quite constant so I dont know if that cancels out the leak? I am based near Edinburgh.
Cheers

MAFs can be cleaned, but as any resolution is it simply unplug the car and go for a drive. If this cures your problem, then you have a faulty MAF. If not, you can always just give your MAF a clean.

Get yourself over to www.tt-forum.co.uk you will get many knowledgably people on there, and they'll be able to advise you further on your TT. Wak (who posted above), is the TT guru! So if anyone knows, it'll be him.