Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

High-Mileage TT?

There is a TT advertised near me which has done 120k miles with full Audi main dealer Service history from new. However at 96k miles the cam-belt snapped and as a result a new engine was fitted for free as the car was still 3-days within it's warranty period!

Now I am considering purchasing this car (providing the price is right), however I would be really interested to here peoples opinions on a car which as done 120k? As the engine has been changed would it be fair to say I could have a few years trouble-free motoring - or is the rest of the car going to be worn out too?

Also, anything in particular I should look for in a 2000 (X) 225 Quattro?

2. # ADS
    ADS

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    120k!,thats nothing for these cars! get it bought! Audi and 120k is nothing!

6th Gear

Status
    I don't understand.... cambelt snapping in 2003 @ 96k then for 4 years the car does tiny mileage in comparision ? Was the car quickly sold after the belt went or somthing ? How many owner's does it have ?

* J e d i *

Status
    120k means its run in I wouldnt worry ATALL!

1999 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - Xenons - Magic Tree

Now gone:

2000 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - 18" RS4s - Xenons - Remapped 210+bhp - +More - Went bang now dead.

1998 A4 1.8 N/A SE - 18" RS6s - Xenons - Angel Eyes - Fully Colour Coded - Lowered - Full Stainless Exhaust - +More - Writen off by a twit in a rx8

My Current 1.8T Quattro Sport

vanilla ice tt

Status
    if its had a new engine fitted by audi whats the problem go for it . the only thing u need to think about is how much its going to be worth when it comes to selling it . or if u are like me i buy a car because i really want it not because i want to make money on it . if the car has a full service history i wouldnt even think twice about it i would have brought it , one little tip for you i work for the rac autowindscreens . check the glass on the car to see if its all audi if it aint dont touch it theres a small chance a cow bow fitter has touched it and it maybe rusty as hell under the glass edge and will cost big bucks to put it right ok >>>>>>>>>>>>>

4th Gear

Status
    should be fine, but many examples about

cambelt should be changed every 50k or 5 years

1st Gear

Status
    Mine has done 155K now (53-plate) and it drives like something with 1/3 of the mileage.