New to TTs. 225 02 Alms here. fuel/mpg?

beachdrifter

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forum.

Just got a 2002 TT Alms edition 225. I've done the usual stuff to it like timing belt change, water pump, and even got new brakes/rotors.

Anyways, my question is about fuel consumption. How much do you guys normally run on a tank of gas? I got about 350miles with 1/8 tank left. I was hoping to get a bit more.

Funny thing happens, my fuel gauge works, but I notice while reading the level the needle tends to move up and down about an 1/8th of a tank as I drive around town. Even if I am travelling on a flat surface. This morning I filled my tank completely, after driving about 15 mins, my level dropped 1/8th of a tank. Then before reaching work, about 30 mins later, it jumps back up to full. This back and forth movement happens throughout the cumulative dropping process. So if I am at 3/4 tank, it may drop down to 1/2. then go back up to 3/4.

Sometimes this is scary because I don't know if I am getting horrible gas mileage, or my fuel sender is acting up. Sometimes I feell like I can watch the needle drop! I also don't race my car around town, and drive conservatively.

Anyone else experience this? Any info on fuel consumption appreciated.
Also, do these "chips" help to optimize fuel economy?

Thanks!

--Randy

Sounds like dashboard problem. Early TT's had a fault which Audi changed free of charge. With regards fuel consumption, I get around 360 - 400 miles from a tank full, but if I cruise around 65mph on long run I get around 540