Engine swap, is it possible?

65coupe

Reaction score
Hello there all,

I'm new here. I'm hoping that its a decently high-traffic forum. Actually I'd just be pleased to get one useful response to my question. I can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone at the moment. Now, by birth and by nature I am an american muscle kind of guy. No not 1985 mustang, somebody shoot me I'm trailer trash, kind of american muscle. I mean classics; 66 Fastbacks, 64 GTOs, 50 Mercury, etc... Anywho, I've had my TT for about three months now. I have to say it is by far the most enjoyable car I have ever driven or owned. I cannot praise the design enough. But I'm guessing you're all aware. Being a car guy more power is always a good thing. Now I could sit around and **** 10k on the 1.8 in-line four thats in there or I could try something with a bit more originality. This is where the psychosis kicks in. So here what I've got in mind. I want to take a pre-03 S4 bi-turbo V6 and cram it into the TT's tiny engine bay. So, comments? Oh and just saying "Impossible" or "You're ****** mad" isn't constructive but feel free. I'd really like some input here. The only two things I really see as major problems are the engine mounts and the trans match. Thanks in advance.

Hi there. Welcome to the forums - there's a wealth of information on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Unfortunately I'm not the sort of person who knows about these things, but there are people on here who do, and I'm sure they'll be along shortly - it may be quiet because of the Christmas period though, so bear that in mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alex.

If you did this then I'd say you was mad :

MTM's bi-moto TT

Power = 2x370 PS (740 PS) at 6760 rpm
Torquw = 2x475 NM (950Nm) at 4900 rpm

If you want to get your TT powered up what sort of power are you looking for?

If 330bhp is enough then I'd go for something that you don't have to invent with the "big turbo upgrade" from MTM.

Info is HERE

Apart from that I can't help much. I only have a APR chip, exhaust, DV, suspension, springs, DV, etc and nothing as "mad" as you are after. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Why thank you for the welcome. I've found that some of the most knowledgeable people in their respected fields use forums so its normally my first stop for information.

Just throwing this out there, maybe the DSG trans would be more adaptable to the old 3.2 s4 block. Just a thought. Myabe I could rob one as soon as a brand new 04 tt goes careening into an embankment.

The DSG is quite limited on torque ability. Even basic chipping on 3.2s back off the torque so as not to blow the DSG. I wouldn't recommend it. This is why quite a few people are happy that a manual 3.2 is now coming out - more tuning potential.

The amd site is very impressive and I'm all tingly with possiblities. I believe I'll try and contact Kim Collins just the same.

welcome to the board, and just think, your not the only one that want's more power in their TT.

i too am going with the 2.7T with six speed tranny. dialynx has done this swap, www.dialynx.co.uk although i've heard they have changed things since what the articles tell.