face lift tt?

dantheman1986

Reaction score
hi im new to the tt forum, mainly on the a3/se. my mum an dad have just bought a 51 plate tt 225. just wonderd if they did a face lift around the time of this reg, as they did with the a3/s3? if they did can you tell me what changes were made, thanks

THE FACELIFT MODEL CHANGED IN 2002 I THINK IT BROUGHT MISANO RED PEARL EXTERIOR W/ SILVER SILK NAPPA LEATHER INTERIOR
OR
AVUS SILVER PEARL WITH RED SILK NAPPA LEATHER

SHIFT KNOB, STEERING WHEEL, KNEE BOLSTERS AND DOOR PANEL INSERTS WILL BE IN MATCHING LEATHER. XENON HEADLIGHTS COME STANDARD AFTER 2002 COULD BE WRONG!:salute:

Car was lowered by 30 mm, to "s-line" spec. Also the headlight surrounds were changed to "titanium" look. Also, the front grille was changed from a 5 bar to a 3 bar grille in 2003.

Then interior wise, you got the metal gear knob.

Also, a couple of extra colours were made avaliable, i.e. Misano Red.

All these changes were in effect from late 2002 / early 2003 cars.

Pimpster said:
Car was lowered by 30 mm, to "s-line" spec. Also the headlight surrounds were changed to "titanium" look. Also, the front grille was changed from a 5 bar to a 3 bar grille in 2003.

Then interior wise, you got the metal gear knob.

Also, a couple of extra colours were made avaliable, i.e. Misano Red.

All these changes were in effect from late 2002 / early 2003 cars.

Nearly right.

The S-Line limited edition was launched late 2001.

This included lowered sports suspension, alloy gear stick, special paint, avus or misano, 18" 9 spoke alloy wheels and titanium headlight surrounds. Red and silver leather was also made available.

In early 2002, AUK , much to the annoyance to s-line purchasers, made the s-line pack as standard TT equipment at no extra cost.

The enhanced spec applied to both the 225 and 180, although the 180 still had the black headlight surrounds.

The 2002 spec remained standard until the mkI was discontinued in 2006.

In the summer 2003, the 3.2 V6 was launched. In addition to the engine, the V6 sported, new grille, new front spoiler, honeycomb effect rear valance in black, additional black trim around rear spoiler. This car also offered 18" 7 spoke alloys, 18" 9 spoke alloys or 18" 20 spoke alloys.

This version was also available with DSG transmission.

In 2005 the 240bhp 1.8T Quattro Sport was introduced. Like the 3.2 it sported the new grille (in phantom black), V6 style front spoiler, rear valance, unique 18 spoke alloys and came in a limited numbere of colour (mauritius, misano, avus, metallic silver and phantom black) with a phantom black roof.

Phew.

Hi there, is it possible to change the springs on a 2000 (pre-facelift model) to bring to ride height down in-line with the later models?

Only now I look at the early models the ride height looks all wrong ...