Considering buying a TT but 3.2 v6 or Sport 240 model????

Gareth Hill

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Considering a TT 2004 onwards have around 15-20k to spare.

Right i was considering a 3.2 v6 idealy orange
yabb_cheesy.gif
or a 2005+ 240bhp sport model.

Whats best and why?
Whats quickest?
Will be modding the engine and mechanics also within the year so a list of mods per pound would be great also.

Any performance times for both, 0-60/0-100 and top speed unlimited.

Oh and photos, i love the ttshops orange tt !!!!
yabb_smiley.gif

Regards Gareth

Nice, but no thanks, bit bulky as you say but also ugly i think.

Whens that being made???

Dunno about the 240 sport but the 3.2 has a 0-60 of about 6 seconds. It is 250 bhp, so you should have more to play with if you are thinking about modding it. The DSG is great fun too... my 54 plate was £19k with 17.5k on the clock. The gear changes are great, and I've just been playing with launch control too - not the most practical of things but worth a laugh. I've not been in a 240 sport so I can't compare...

the 240 sport is much more fun to drive than the 3.2, I've had a play in both on and off the road (track day). The 240 is lighter and feels alot more rigid. Plus with the 240 having a turbo, you've got much more tuning potential.

But you've got to ask yourself wether you can live with the harder racing style seats in the 240 over the nice comfy leather in the 3.2

Plus the 3.2 sounds absolutely gorgeous when you start it up and move off..... will a 1.8 sound the same.......? Worth it for that alone in my books, such a nice purrr that turns into an aggressive rasp. Lovely

I'd have the sport...more exclusive, quicker (due to weight reduction), more tuneable (it has a turbo), better suspension set up and I love the seats!

All of this is because I only do between 5 and 8k a year. If you're doing well in excess of that the sport might become a little tiresome?! Just my opinion though...

yes Turbo one for track day!.. more tunable!