180 or 225?

Dean_20

Reaction score
now guys, my pal has just got a TT 225, or so he thinks. i have driven it and my S3 hammers it. there is just no pull in it at all, i thought it would be the same if not quicker than my S3? we think it could be a 180 and not 225, if so, how can you tell them apart?
cheers!

Engine code...... whats your mates Vin number.

could also be that he has a problem with his car .. boost leak, dodgy MAF etc

I think the 180's had the inlet manifold pipe facing the drivers side and the 225's face passengers as in the S3.

ok, well if thts the case, with the twin exhaust, then its a 225. there must be something wrong with it because it just doesnt pull at all, we took both cars out and i was over taking him with ease!!!

But alot of people change the single to the twin pipes.Does look much better.

225 also twin intercollers one on each side of the car the 180 has only one on the left side looking at the car head on

sorry mis spelled Intercoolers and not sure I spelled it right this time

ok cheers for the help lads, ill look for the intercoolers next time i see it!

another way is to tell from the engine bay - looking at it the 225 has the charge pipe like the s3 while the 180 doesn't.
also if the 180 didn't have xenon option, it won't have front washer jets for lamps.

if it is a 225 and running bad, maybe it's been left with a revo trial map, known that it's not as good as oem map

sorry guys but mt tt is a 180 FWD and it does not have AUQ in the Vin
mine has the Xenon option and the Aliens appear at night
hahahaha