diesel tt, good idea?

treblesykes

Reaction score
I was in an audi showroom today waiting for car service, I got to chatting to a salesmen about the TT ,trying to find a reason not to buy one for the mrs.

He reckons that a diesel TT will be announced soon (a promise audi made if they won le mans with a diesel apperently). A diesel would suit us but just doesnt seem right in a TT. Any thoughts? ps. he did say it may be a 3 litre diesel. seems a bit heavy for a small car.

Over here in the U.S., diesel has become a bit pricey! It used to be cheaper than regular gasoline but not anymore. However, diesel engines have a reputation of being very dependable with long life. I would say it depends on how long you'd keep the vehicle.

By the way, I see you are in York. My company, TSYS, has an office there. I hope at some point to be able to visit there!

Yes why not I suspect when audi bring out their next generation of diesel engines there will be one or more for the TT.

WannaSeeMyTT? The TSYS Knaresborough center is just next to my local audi dealership

treblesykes said:
WannaSeeMyTT? The TSYS Knaresborough center is just next to my local audi dealership
What a coincidence! Maybe if I get a chance for a business trip, I can time it with your next service and we can "do lunch"!

:laugh:

I'd chop in the A3 for a Diesel TT. I do 100 miles a day, and get an average of 44mpg from the 170 tdi. What I would like is a 3.0 TDi TT please Audi.

edowen said:
I'd chop in the A3 for a Diesel TT. I do 100 miles a day, and get an average of 44mpg from the 170 tdi. What I would like is a 3.0 TDi TT please Audi.

Nae chance of the 3.0 TDi finding it's way into a TT.

Whilst It may well be desireable, it is too damn heavy.

The word on the ground is that it'll be a 2 litre next generation diesel generating 204bhp.