Chris NottSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question Strange electrical prob - any ideas?

Strange stuff.

First the drivers side vanity light goes, then a week or so later, the passenger side goes too.

So, I presumed the bulb had blown and took the opportunity to order some interior xenons from www.ttstuff.com

Went to fit them today and the original bulbs are fine, not blown, and it appears there's no power going to the fitting because the new bulb wont work either

I cant get my head round this. Surely, if it was a fuse then the reading/map lights in the middle wouldnt work either? I've checked the fuses and these seem fine aswell.

Anyone got any ideas please?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rolling Thunder...

Status
    A long shot here, but have the contacts where the bulbs go, corroded? Also, the whole fitment may just be faulty now and need replacing. Trace the wires down as far as you can, and see where the voltage cuts out. It should identify where your problem is then.
    ---------
    Pimpster

Counting the Tesco Club points

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CamV6
    Strange stuff.

First the drivers side vanity light goes, then a week or so later, the passenger side goes too.

So, I presumed the bulb had blown and took the opportunity to order some interior xenons from www.ttstuff.com

Went to fit them today and the original bulbs are fine, not blown, and it appears there's no power going to the fitting because the new bulb wont work either

I cant get my head round this. Surely, if it was a fuse then the reading/map lights in the middle wouldnt work either? I've checked the fuses and these seem fine aswell.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Very very strange one mate

you found your way over from TT forum..this is a nice place to hang out..!

Could be you use them to much to look at yourself and damaged the switch contact in the visor, easy to check

1. Unscrew visor the part that pivots and check for a feed there, if 12v then visor it is
    2. if no voltage then double check the fuses, they maybe on a different circuit to Map lights, check manual
    Audi RS6 Daytona GreyLoving all 455.7BHP of her