Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

BMW Z4 versus AUDI TT

On Fifth Gear tonight (mon 4 dec) at 8pm.
    Tune in.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    burger i missed it
    Impreza WRX, Impreza Type R, Impreza WR1.Audi 3.2 V6 DSG Quattro [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Track Days in all of the above.

Riding on V8 power

Status
    i saw it! they rated the BM over the TT round the track! TT beat the Z4 of the line in the wet! although BM beat the TT of the line in the dry!
    German iz ze vay forvard!
    Made with vorspung durch tecnik

2003 Noggy S4 Avant - 344bhp of pure V8 muscle

3rd Gear

Status
    Although Jason Plato preferred the TT. (Toss Needell preferred the BM, obviously !)

What struck me was the dreadful racket made by the TT. I expected the 3.2 to sound much smoother ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not been on here for a while. Had to sell the S3 two years ago but pop by now and again to see whats new.

I am in the running for a new car soon and have test driven the Z4 Coupe, TT 3.2 and the 350Z extensively over the last two weeks. The TT is the best built car and feels luxurious when you are sat in the cabin, the Z4 and 350 Z do not come close on build quality. The 350 Z has the best engine sound and can be purchased for a lot less than the TT or Z4. In my opinion though the Z4 just about shaves it on looks and how I think a sports car should feel when you are sat in it. Have got the rest of the weekend to make my mind up but by Monday morning I will be orderinig a new motor. TT on 40 wks delivery time according to my local dealers, that's tough, but they will sell there showroom car if I want!!

windsurfer

Status
    The waiting list on the new TT made me buy the new S3! TT is a great car though!

Pedro

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecrg
    The waiting list on the new TT made me buy the new S3! TT is a great car though!

Pedro
    Delivery on new TT is only 3 months.

Dealer expects to see mine mid-March.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights

windsurfer

Status
    You were lucky! The dealers I got in touch told me around 6 months... Anyway the practicality of the S3 suits me better at the moment.

I think waiting times depend on allocation slots available from each dealer and the orders placed. Good buy your 3.2!

Pedro

vanilla ice tt

Status
    guys a know waiting for a car can really suck but if something so great looking and drives well is always worth the wait dont ever think oh that ones not so long to wait for ill buy that one instead , because the extra 2 months down the line your think to yourself crap i wish id waited for that new tt after all .. ive been there done that and man was i pissed off with how much id lost on the car which i was unsure off in the first place .. so wait for the order . your feel much happier and your be counting the days down for when u pick it up its a great feeling ..