Loud Creaking ARB !?

UseTheForce_Walker

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help !?

I recently purchased an Audi TT 225 bhp (car's nearly 5 years old). The car's been great in the 4 months that i've owned it, but I've now got this loud creaking noise coming from the front suspension. I've tried lubing up the bushes, but still getting the noise. After speaking to the warranty company it would appear it's not worth the paper it's written on. Anyway I decided to speak my local Audi Main 'Stealer' and they said it sounds like the bushes and Anti Roll Bar that needs replacing. Apparently they have to take the sub frame off the car to do the ARB ! Sounds expensive !

I was thinking of trying to change just the bushes myself, because of cash flow ! It can't be that difficult can it !? Do you reckon just changing the bushes might stop the creaking or does the ARB need replacing too !?

You could change them yourself or get your local specielist to do it as a dealer will charge £80 an hour. As for what to change, it all depends what condition the ARB is in and if you'd prefer an uprated one?

Nice one bainsyboy, I'm on it ! Cheerz for the info, it's $hit Hot ! I'll give it a go the weekend, depending on the weather ! !

Or you could come to the Heritage Motor Museum next Sunday for the TT annual meet.

Loads of people there who have changed their ARBs....including Wak.

Details on the tt-forum.co.uk