Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By warren_S5
  • 1 Post By rosco11
  • 1 Post By rosco11

Thread: TTS purchase!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Cool TTS purchase!!

Hi guys! I test drove TTS on Friday and it blew me away!! its on a 14 plate...more than I really want to spend but.....WOW! Before I take the plunge is there any negatives to these little go carts...Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Not really. If it's STronic then the clutch will be fine (manual ones don't last as long as they should). Other than that and the occasional MAF or PCV valve failure (neither of which are a big issue) they've ironed out most of the faults this long into the development of the cars lifecycle; get it bought.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

3rd Gear

Status
    This is just an s3 in the TT shell isnt that right?

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    s3_trev likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    any idea what the new TTS will be costing? I have an s3 on order... but I might wait for a TTS with the same performance ;-p
    On order: MY2015 S3 S-Tronic 3 door, Sepang Blue, debadge & body colour mirrors. Many options.

Status
    I'd say whatever the S3 is plus about £2k for hardtop and maybe another £1500 again for soft top (as a guess)

1st Gear

Status
    Hmmmmmmm.
    On order: MY2015 S3 S-Tronic 3 door, Sepang Blue, debadge & body colour mirrors. Many options.

4th Gear

Status
    It's SO not that simple!
    They share a lot of hardware but having just gone from an S3 to a TTS they are light years apart!
    S3 is just a hot hatch at the end of the day, TTS is so much more focused on the road.
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S5 View Post
    Not really. If it's STronic then the clutch will be fine (manual ones don't last as long as they should). Other than that and the occasional MAF or PCV valve failure (neither of which are a big issue) they've ironed out most of the faults this long into the development of the cars lifecycle; get it bought.
    Mine had an aircon compressor failure and now is in for another warranty repair ( haldex system replacement). Not to mention few niggles like rattles and battery problems so far reliability isnt great with a car that is just 2.5 years old!
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    Mine had an aircon compressor failure and now is in for another warranty repair ( haldex system replacement). Not to mention few niggles like rattles and battery problems so far reliability isnt great with a car that is just 2.5 years old!
    Wow, that's not great. I didn't have a single issue with mine whilst I had it other than alignment. First one seemed to go wrong every other week, and felt far less well screwed together.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I bought mine (TTS Roadster) in January this year from an Audi dealer at 24K miles/09 plate. So far it has had 2 new rear magic magnetic shocks as the back end was bouncing all over the place and a haldex pump, thankfully under warranty.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well! ive only gone and done it Drove my TTS back from Boston Lincs to Cornwall today. apart from a few hold ups from holiday traffic...it flew......blummin marvellous. the handling, acceleration and sound are all fantastic. Thinking of getting Celtic Tuning to do a remap taking it from 272 ps to 315 ps. Again...any negatives doing this?

Thanks everyone for your comments......much appreciated.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgang View Post
    Well! ive only gone and done it Drove my TTS back from Boston Lincs to Cornwall today. apart from a few hold ups from holiday traffic...it flew......blummin marvellous. the handling, acceleration and sound are all fantastic. Thinking of getting Celtic Tuning to do a remap taking it from 272 ps to 315 ps. Again...any negatives doing this?

Thanks everyone for your comments......much appreciated.
    The 2.0 tfsi is transformed with a remap. To be honest there are better tuning companies out there (APR, Revo, Shark, R-Tech etc) but that's a different debate altogether.
    warren_S5 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for that bud. Which company would you recommend? I don't mind travelling for the right one.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for that bud. Which company would you recommend? I don't mind travelling for the right one.
    Although remaps are great and transform the Cars performance I would wait a few months to make sure everything is ok with such a new car as if anything fails after the remap a warranty claim will prove very difficult

Neutral

Status

I had Shark map on my S3 which I uploaded via their STS unit as I'm hours away from their HQ and their were no local agents at the time. It was easy to use and a very good map. Ran it for 2+ years without fault and was great for switching back to standard for dealer visits. However, I then opted for APR as part of their APR challenge at a local tuners (it has a half price offer). Beforehand, I fitted an uprated fuel pump which did nothing for the Shark map. This allowed me to run the APR Stage 1+ map which is designed for an uprated pump and produced just over 20bhp and 40ft/lb torque more than Shark stage 1.

However, their was little between the two stage 1 maps and I believe this will be the same for the tuners' maps I previously mentioned. Go for a local tuner especially if you plan going beyond stage 1. If self upload is your only option go for Shark over the likes of bluefin. However with a 2014 ecu, it may need to be removed and flashed on the bench so choice of tuner is paramount if this is the case.
    warren_S5 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes and no. It has revised front roll center geometry, can run wider tires (255 section width), and has a lot more aluminum in the body shell. It's a bit less compromised than an S3, but obviously not as practical.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for that advice.....makes total sense! In fact I am lovin the standard car(so are the police......picked up my second speeding ticket this week

I reckon I will leave it for a bit longer. Cheers