MK1 TT 3.2 HPA Turbo Install

Autograph Cars

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.autographcars.co.uk
Hi Everyone,

We have just started the install of a HPA EFR turbo kit and thought you might want to see a build thread. The install will include a full engine rebuild along with a clutch upgrade and a few other bits and pieces. We have just moved into our premises so please don't judge us if the building looks a bit of a mess!

I'll try to keep this as up to date as I can but we have a lot of work on at the moment so there might be a delay here and there. If there are any questions about the supply and install of these kits then please PM us.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Before we begin...
Car 1
Car 2
Stock Engine

The car has an intake and a cat-back exhaust fitted so made more than stock power on the dyno. Data logs were taken and a full vehicle fault code scan done before we start, everything seems healthy especially for over 100k!
Stock Dyno AFR NM Stock Dyno FtLbs
Dyno 1 Dyno 2

Hi Mark - hope you're well. Did my friend get in touch about the re-map on his TTS?

WoW - the guys at autograph have been busy - lovely to see the engine on the bench. Put a smile on my face ;-)

Starting to take shape nicely.
Hopefully they don't mix out bits up, unless I get better ones..
Steve

Starting to take shape nicely.
Hopefully they don't mix out bits up, unless I get better ones..
Steve

Trust you Steve ;-) it's not too late for you to join the manual crew ;-)

It's too late as my new DSG is on its way and already paid for..
Steve

Looking good Craig :)
The lengths some people go to to clean up their engine bays though ;)

HaHa - cheers Stuart. They used something called a steam cleaner and then a hose device with a turbo attached! Magical devices ;-)

Will send you a PM mate.

Hi Mark - hope you're well. Did my friend get in touch about the re-map on his TTS?

WoW - the guys at autograph have been busy - lovely to see the engine on the bench. Put a smile on my face ;-)

Hi Craig....yes mate Im good buddy and yes your pal got in touch about the TTS remap. Havent heard from him in a while so might give him a ring.

BtEa2HLIIAEI VD largeBtEaf 5CYAAK m1

HPA Intake fitted and gearbox being reassembled

Last edited:
Was down there today and things are coming together now.
Steve

Fingers crossed the momentum continues and they can get it out of the door as i wanna get mine back in..:eyebrows:
Steve

Fingers crossed the momentum continues and they can get it out of the door as i wanna get mine back in..:eyebrows:
Steve

We had a problem with the spec clutch last week but got back on track with a Sachs Motorsport replacement that Autograph had sent by special delivery from Germany.

I heard about your Gearbox from Andrew - nothing is straight forward and you'll know all about patience and perseverance! :whip:

Will drop you a PM

ok.
i knew about your clutch, but not for me to mention.
Steve

Last edited:
It's going to be a beast Craig :)

bet et yor getting excited now :-o

Car is back on the road folks. Here are some pictures of the completed motor…

After opting for the Track Edition HPA EFR kit back in December, I did my due diligence by speaking to no less than 7 Installers with a view to complete my build. It became apparent there were various levels depending on budget but Autograph near Preston stood out with their experience and their level of detail. They also came highly recommended by Steve V6RUL (thanks for everything Steve) and after chatting at length with them about the best possible build it was decided that:

The engine and Gearbox needed to come out of the car for assembly.

A suitable uprated clutch was required and I decided early on to retain the DMF.

The bottom end would be rebuilt with the conrod bearings supplied with the kit as part of the upgrades.

The timing chains and tensioners would be replaced along with the water pump and everything else…

The engine needed split and cleaned / inspected / head skimmed before reassembly with the headspacer plate...

Here are some pictures of the completed motor…

20140919 165611 20140919 124900

Last edited:
Well pleased for you Craig
How are you finding her since her enhancements were installed?
Bet it was a cracking drive home

Running the engine in for 500 miles and then an oil change - drive home was uneventful as limiting the revs but the on tap power is amazing

Few recent pictures. Removed the BBS alloys and car driving much better with less torque steer.

Attachments

• Misano Venti Eta Beta 19 MK1 TT].jpg
    Misano Venti Eta Beta 19 MK1 TT].jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 1,787
  • Misano TT Eta Beta2 Venti r.jpg
    Misano TT Eta Beta2 Venti r.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 2015-06-20 17.31.09.jpg
    2015-06-20 17.31.09.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 549
  • Misano Red Eta Beta 19 Alloy.jpg
    Misano Red Eta Beta 19 Alloy.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 810
  • Misano Red Eat Beta1.jpg
    Misano Red Eat Beta1.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 560
Hi great thread. I have a 2005 3.2 and looking into doing something like this. Any idea on what you spent on the upgrades?

Hi great thread. I have a 2005 3.2 and looking into doing something like this. Any idea on what you spent on the upgrades?

A lot more than expected my friend. Car is now insured for £20,000 so you can work it out.

The build was quite problematic actually. Problems with elements of the kit supplied by HPA and also issues with the installer around timeframes & gaps in memory. In the corporate world they're called communication issues.

Further issues have been experienced since the car was collected and best kept off the thread to avoid any aggravation. Happy to discuss through PM.