Macky's Big-ish Turbo TT build

Macky

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

Names Macky and over the past 3 years I have been the proud owner of a green Audi TT 225 Coupe. She had a bit of a hard life before I bought her and in June of last year she decided to break down. While I can't blame her as she had 180,000 kms on her and the climate in Dubai to beat her down, so with the help of my mate Scullies we set about rebuilding her.

October last year she was back on the road after a full engine rebuild. Once we had the engine out we noticed that my poor old K04 was shot. Cracks on the turbine housing, oil passing through the seals, so that had to be replaced. So since October we have been talking back and forth about what to do as I want it to be a DD and not too crazy. So eventually we decided on trying to go for around 400 HP (ish ;-) )

So that is just a little background on the car. I have been slack as I wanted to start this tread a while ago and just never go round to it so now...HERE IT IS :)

So a brief rundown of what is in the car at the moment.

IE rods
Wiseco Pistons
IE roller
FMIC
N249 delete
Evap delete
Forge DV008
Innovate digital boost gauge
Innovate digital oil pressure and oil temp gauge (dual gauge)
AEM AFR
Clutch masters clutch kit with fidanza lightweight flywheel.(this is one of the reasons why we looked at 400HP)
Custom Scullies Inc catch can.
Cone filter
Stage 2 map
Aftermarket radiator

So that is pretty much what is in the car at the moment.

Other changes we have made over the past 6 months are as follows:

AP Coilovers
Vaarstoen 18 inch alloys
Replaced the upper interior from a smashed TT, So new a/b/c pillars, roof liner
Replace the door cards with used cards from a smashed TT (not the same one as the pillars :))

So now we are starting the BT build...

Sorry for posting in small bits but thought it best to break it up a little so it is easier on the eyes.

So moving along swiftly....

The parts I have ordered already are as follows:

Complete Supertech Valvetrain (Iconel Exhaust valves and Coated Intake valves)
Supertech valve guides
ARP head bolts
Comp Turbo CT3 5356 T3 billet wheel, journal bearing, oil and water cooled, .63 ar with 3" Vband on the exhaust side, ported compressor housing. (This is hopefully going to be sent this week from the States as there was a 2 week build time)
DA-31 high pressure fuel pump
IE Coil pack adapters
FSI Coils

On Saturday Scullies and I went to buy a large port head. Unfortunately they wouldn't just sell the head to us and we had to take the entire engine. So after 3 hours of work with them removing all the stuff we didn't need or want we had the head and block separated and slammed those suckers in the back of my TT and headed home.

Yesterday I took the head to a machine shop to have the guides removed and new ones pressed in. They are going to reface the head also and cut the valve seats. They will also be giving it a good clean up as it had some corrosion on the exterior of the head.

So at the moment that is pretty much where we are.

I will still be ordering the following:

Water meth kit
Universal FMIC piping kit
New FMIC
4 bar FPR
Injectors
Wastegate
Fuel hoses
AN fittings
Seals
Gaskets
Plenum
Throttle body

Custom work we will be doing:

Full custom exhaust. Already have a magnaflow universal back box and vibrant resonator. We are going to fab up the rest.
Custom DP
Custom Swirl Pot
Custom intercooler piping
Battery relocation
Custom intake mani

And obviously a tune :)

Last edited:
Some pics of the car shortly after I bought her,

img1952mi.jpg

img1951s.jpg

img1950ve.jpg

img1949tu.jpg

img1947qi.jpg

Not the best pic as she is kinda dirty but you get the idea. :yes:

Pic is courtesy of my mate Cralstc

Last edited:
I see you're in Dubai. Very nice country!

I love the colour. Have you got any interior shots?

Reactions: Macky
Thanks Sl11ckk,

I haven't got any interior shots at the moment. Just recently changed the pillars and roof liner so need to get some pics.

Will take some this weekend as I need to put the dash back together to get the old girl registered.

Right,

Sorry guys and gals, had a crazy busy weekend and didn't have any time to snap some pics. Managed to get her all ready for registration (they are slightly strict over here in Dubai sometimes). Have some small things to sort this afternoon then am off to try and get her registered.

Quick update on the build. Collected the cyl head yesterday from the machine shop. Will get some pics up soon, she is wrapped up at the moment. My turbo has been delayed unfortunately, due to a parts delay from the foundry sooooo hopefully April 7th latest we should be rocking.

Injectors and injector spacers should be on their way here later this week.

Thanks,

Macky

Weekend update:

Got a nice surprise 2 days ago. My turbo arrived from the states FINALLY!!!! :)

The turbo specs are as follows:

Comp Turbo CT3-5356 Billet
Journal Bearing Oil and Water cooled
T3 inlet with 3" V-Band on the outlet
.63 AR
Anti-surge compressor housing
Polished Compressor housing
3" inlet and 2" outlet on the comp housing

Head has been pressure washed and is still wrapped up so no pics just yet.

Movement is slow unfortunately but will hopefully have some more updates soon.

Cheerios.

Last edited: