Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits

Thread: TT mk3

1st Gear

Status

TT mk3

Surprised no one has started a thread as Audi have now released some details of the new car and have fully shown the car interior (the biggest change). Can't say I am sold on the completely huge dash screen that basically replaces the usual screen you'd have for the sat nav, and other functions; nor am I keen on the minimalistic interior. Even the air con controls are now integrated into the three air vents that sit in the middle of the dash. The car itself will be revealed at the end of this week. Should be interesting - quite a few forums seem to be giving the new car the thumbs down... not sure what people were expecting as the mk2 is a fine looking car and only the interior is a bit dated... watch this space anyway as the mk3 is coming!

The new TT dashboard! I suppose it might catch on? Just looks a bit too distracting/busy to my eyes. You can change it to just the dials, view people's pictures on the phone book and see your album covers when synced to your ipod, etc. Hmm. I'm not sold on it at all. But hey, it's certainly different. Shame passengers won't have much to look at!

Audi-TT-Mk3-MQB-Interior-CES-2014-282-600x399.jpg
    Last edited by SilureMark; 2nd March 2014 at 17:42.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Evolutionary. Not really doing much for me on the outside but the interior is fantastic.

Status
    Not sure what I think about the front, again not sure it's working for me.

Interior is amazing.

Seems a completely different facial concept to recently launched A3 8V. If this is where things are moving happy to be having another 'old skool' fronted Audi in the meantime.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    I think the thing I don't like is the badge not being on the grille. It's otherwise similarly shaped to the 8v in my mind. What's throwing you is probably the chrome on the TTS grille, above. The standard TT won't have that I'd imagine. After initially being unimpressed I've grown to like it a bit more - makes the mk2 look dated. It's still very much evolution though - I was hoping for something slightly more radical.

I'm still in two minds to replace my 8v A3 with one of these in the near future. The A3 interior is probably the best designed interior i've ever seen... until the TT came along.

According to the press reports, xenons are standard across the range and LEDs are an option (or maybe standard for s-line). The interior is bigger, and the car itself is lighter, faster and more economical - but you'd expect that.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Surprised no one has started a thread as Audi have now released some details of the new car and have fully shown the car interior (the biggest change). Can't say I am sold on the completely huge dash screen that basically replaces the usual screen you'd have for the sat nav, and other functions; nor am I keen on the minimalistic interior. Even the air con controls are now integrated into the three air vents that sit in the middle of the dash. The car itself will be revealed at the end of this week. Should be interesting - quite a few forums seem to be giving the new car the thumbs down... not sure what people were expecting as the mk2 is a fine looking car and only the interior is a bit dated... watch this space anyway as the mk3 is coming!

The new TT dashboard! I suppose it might catch on? Just looks a bit too distracting/busy to my eyes. You can change it to just the dials, view people's pictures on the phone book and see your album covers when synced to your ipod, etc. Hmm. I'm not sold on it at all. But hey, it's certainly different. Shame passengers won't have much to look at!

Audi-TT-Mk3-MQB-Interior-CES-2014-282-600x399.jpg
    I believe the plan for Audi is to do this with all new cars and have a supplementary tablet style screen that passengers can control things from. I really like it. To hell with the passengers

Short Back

Status
    Surely a 420bhp monster is enough to tempt?

2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''