2.0T with or without Quattro

-adrian-

.fuct
Reaction score
Hi all,
could anyone suggest which of the two cars to get? also is there something like DSG for Audi?
The Quattro says it is quicker on 60mph which would ofc be better. but is it worth it? would remap the car later so not sure which one to get. guess the non Quattro would be more efficient and maybe faster end speed?

Depends on your preference? Quattro is more expensive, a little better off the line with less wheel spin. Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) is VW trade name for dual clutch transmission (DCT). DCT is fitted to many cars and there have been several improvements to the design over the years. Audi originally used the Direct-Shift Gearbox (DSG) name, then "S tronic" and "Tiptronic" for its DCTs Direct-Shift Gearbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I always thought s tronic would simply be the automatic version:O well good to know. is there a big disadvantage in the Quattro like costs or high in faults on the audi tt?

S-Tronic & quattro brilliant.
The S-Tronic can change gear in 0.2 seconds, and i get no wheel spin what so ever off the line with my quattro A4 2.0T.

I found a good offer without Quattro with s-tronic and 69500 miles with a major service done recently. Anything in particular I would need to look at if I take a look at the car? Breaks? Timing Belt should not be needed anytime soon if the interval is the same as on my old MK4 1.8T.

What age is it?

Various recommendations on when to change timing belt. Most seem to think 75,000 or 5 years whichever comes sooner. Thus if belt has not been changed you are looking at doing it soon. Remember to change tensioner and water pump at the same time.

75,000 miles unless there has been an earthquake and Northampton has moved across the North Sea?

On a 2007 TT it would be prudent to change the belt, unless it has already been done. I would be looking for evidence, not just taking previous owners word that it had been done.

It should have full service history stamped by audi and it is a trade car. might try to push that into the price because it will be costly I suppose. At least it was on my a3:O.
Get used to the metric system.. the Metrification is already in progress

It should have full service history stamped by audi and it is a trade car. might try to push that into the price because it will be costly I suppose. At least it was on my a3:O.
Get used to the metric system.. the Metrification is already in progress
When in Northampton we measure in miles, like it or go home

Well - ASFAIK the UK should have the metric system in place but they are just to slow to adept to it. if you look at it from a modern point of view it is also pretty stupid to measure in miles, foot, inches, stone, pound, ounce, gallon and pint. but back to topic.
would would the average costs for water pump, timing belt parts/labour?

It would be wise to stop making silly sarcastic comments if you would like this stupid Brit to help you.:blackrs4:

Last edited:
Sorry - I opted in to live in this country. don't get me wrong but thinking about it should even make sense to you. And do you know why? Because metric units can actually explained with each other and make sense. but as I said - lets get back to topic and be thankful I know now that I should keep in mind that the timing belt will be ready soon and I can put this into the price negotiations