Can anyone "she'd some light"??????

MONKIEE

Reaction score
I have a 2009 TT S Line TDI it has adaptive xenon s with the bulb DRL, I have purchased a set of 2009 TTS xenons with LED DRL I have popped the new lights in situ the plugs are identical and the lights plugged straight in, however the adaptive leveling and the LED DRLs do not work???????

It says sight light / daytime running light left side and adaptive level defective on the dash when ignition is turned on?

As I have effectively changed from a filament bulb DRL to LED will the car need recoding on VAGCOM in order for all to work?

All help is much appreciated!

Are the new headlights definitely adaptive?

Think its looking for a volt drop that the LED's wont have.
Resistor suggested....
Was there a can bus version?
Either that or a software edit...above VCDS

No need to add resistors, just check wiring, coding etc as they're meant for the car without any aftermarket additions, just complicates things when no need too, do it properly & you wont have heat or faulty issues later.

Hi NHN yes they are adaptive! Well at least I think so? How do I tell if they are?

Also NHN Wes is going to code them for me or at least try and help? Any advice?

I have taken the led headlight out and opened it and the inside is the same as the original adaptive one I have all the electrics are the same and I can see the adaptive grubbings in both sets that move the head lamp lights around inside the casing.

All I need to do now is get the things working??