Potential future classic??

tuffy

Reaction score
Happy new year guys
im in the market for a Mk1 TT for the summer. I've seen several Internet posts which speculate these will be future classics.
Just wondered what fellow forum members opinions are on the claim??

Also prices really seem to vary at the moment......time of year I guess.

Buy a rs if you want a future classic, the tt is long way off from being one...

The number on the road is dropping and with maintenace/big parts costs high several are being broken for parts.
A lot of 225 have been 'well' moded (trashed) and a few dead DSG's and dash pods didn't help the model.
Dealer Part Ex offers seem to be around £2-3.5K for a 225 and £2.5 to 4K for a V6 seems the same for high mile'rs on ebay.
'We buy' and others have killed the resale value IMHO.
Makes the TT a potential future classic as there wont be many 'well maintained' 'low mileage' ones about.
If you looking for a 'classic' Mk1 TT then a genuine full loaded low mileage QS with pole position seats is suggested.
They were rare from the start.
If you just want a cheap stock 150mph quattro then V6 is desirable.....

Dealer Part Ex offers seem to be around £2-3.5K for a 225 and £2.5 to 4K for a V6 seems the same for high mile'rs on ebay....
I never came across any rs with a buy now price of 2.5k to 4k, even ones with missing engines are still fetching 5-7k ! A nice standard rs4 is 10 to 15k...that's where my money will go to ! You can do better than a TT if you buy a t4 and make it a camper, resale values are strong and that's already a future classic, just like it's predecessors !

Miss read your post, high mile'rs to high mile RS's !

Ta...me crap engerlish as she is spooken...

Plus there was never a Mk 1 RS......... Mk2 will never be a classic as there's soooo many of them and even TDI's..... sacrilege.

Would I swap my 3.2 for a RS4 or RS6 .......yes