TTR 150- where to buy?

M4KTT

Reaction score
Hello there guys/gals.

I havent been on this board for nearly a year due to other activities etc. but I have decided to weigh up my finances for a TTR 150!

Im looking at importing, but cannot see to find an importer than will give me a reasonable price. I'll even consider going direct to the dealer abroad. but wouldnt know where to start in picking a dealert hat has one this before etc.

I am right in thinking I'll manage one for under £20k?

Any pointers for me would be gratefullu received.

Hopefully there will be a Golf GT TDi 115 6speed up for sale soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ummm in thought they were £19,000 to start with?..or could i be wrong?.....best place to ask would be tt-forum.co.uk ...loads more chaps there as the tt bit is a bit slow here.....

We went to the dealer looking at 150brake TTRs, and ended coming back with a second-hand 225!

To be honest, once you start adding the items that you'd expect from a TT (leather, Bose etc.) the list price comes very close to a decent 225, which is why we went for that option instead.

OK, with the 150 you get a deeper boot (no Quattro), but you also only get a 5-speed box, cloth seats as standard (I think) and for us, it just felt cheapened.

Just our opinion, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
We went to the dealer looking at 150brake TTRs, and ended coming back with a second-hand 225!

To be honest, once you start adding the items that you'd expect from a TT (leather, Bose etc.) the list price comes very close to a decent 225, which is why we went for that option instead.

OK, with the 150 you get a deeper boot (no Quattro), but you also only get a 5-speed box, cloth seats as standard (I think) and for us, it just felt cheapened.

Just our opinion, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And hugely slower!!!

Rich

Not very much slower than a 180 Quattro (at least on the straights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IIRC the 0-60 is only 0.3secs different.