TT vs 330

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if this is old news/been discussed many times before:

I've persuaded the Missus to trade her Pug in for something a little more interesting, namely either a TT (225) or a 330 Coupe Sport.

Now I know there's alot of TT owners about, but has anyone owned both before? I know this is an Audi-loving website and trust me I'm well and truly in the Audi-loving camp, but first and foremost we're car-lovers...

The 2nd-hand market has dropped significantly, and have noticed you can pick up a (relatively) low miler TT for c£10k !!

So what's it to be then ? All views would be greatly appreciated...

I have owned a 330ci and can say they are a fantastic car, 3 litre straight six smooth power and decent economy (30mpg very possible). I have been in a TT but never owned 1 but loved the concept car image (this was a few years ago!!) In my book they are just 2 different a car, if you go for the 3 series it will be the engine that appeals to you, the TT is all about the looks.

3 Series more proctical I would say and bulletproof, more problems on the forum with the TT. As for cost goes the same money will buy a newer TT I would have thought, not seen many 330's at around the £10K mark, this is 328 territory.

Regards,

JD

I totally disagree with JamesD about the TT being bought just for looks.

However, if I was buying now then I'd probably leave the TT alone as in the next12 months the new model will be out and hence put the residuals low on the existing cars.

To be honest, if it was me I'd stay with what I had and wait for the new car.

How long did you keep your TT ScoTTy? Miss it at all?

I had it for 3.5 years. I was a great ownership experience as I did so many things and trips with that car. Do I miss it? Well I miss that "I feel special" moment inside the car. The TT had suxh a great interior that not many things come close. I love me S4 and it's a better car but it is in a different way. I do feel it's a more grown up car and not so frivalous as the TT. I certainly don't have any regrets about buying it.

Cheers for that.

It's not for looks, although they do look great. It's primarily a good price/time to buy one. Great cars, 4WD, look/feel special, age well etc etc, but smaller/slightly less practical than a 3-series.

Would argue that the beamer did have the better engine...

The TT's engine does leave itself open for more mods though...?

Will have a look round and go for TT me thinks...