Wheels/Ride hieght/etc

Cool Keith

Reaction score
Hello all

Just a quick one (as they say) :laugh:

I'm looking to buy a current gen TT - most like a 2.0 petrol Quattro.

Just wondering - I live in the middle of nowhere in the Chilterns - the roads are abysmal round here these days. I've had to ditch the S2000 as it just doesn't work up here.

Are the alloys tough on the TT? - any to be avoided? - any spec to avoid - I need control and grip but can't handle any more osteopath bills!

The guide at UsedCarExpert is no much use - neither is Honest Johns - so I thought I'd come here.

Any advice helpful -

Best

Keith

Head onto the TTForum, youll get better info on the Mk2 there.
I don't really know enough about them to offer any help but the Mk1 was a good car

Dazz

Hello all

Just a quick one (as they say) :laugh:

I'm looking to buy a current gen TT - most like a 2.0 petrol Quattro.

Just wondering - I live in the middle of nowhere in the Chilterns - the roads are abysmal round here these days. I've had to ditch the S2000 as it just doesn't work up here.

Are the alloys tough on the TT? - any to be avoided? - any spec to avoid - I need control and grip but can't handle any more osteopath bills!

The guide at UsedCarExpert is no much use - neither is Honest Johns - so I thought I'd come here.

Any advice helpful -

Best

Keith

I've a 2011 TT 2.0 petrol Quattro DSG that runs on Audi 17-inch 5-spoke V-design rims with Bridgestone Potenza RE050 (245/45) tyres in the summer, and Audi 17-inch 5-spoke trapezoidal rims (easier to clean) with Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme tyres (225/50) tyres in the winter. All good for me and no problems at all (not sure about after market wheels however, I'll always use the Audi ones.

Note: the 17-inch rims have a much better ride than 18-inch rims, much better cushioning from the extra tyre wall height and, in my view, little or no loss in grip.

And, I run the same Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme tyres on my RS3 during the winter months.

Last edited: