TT crashed help please

flyjakey

Fly..Jake
Reaction score
Hi all, driving thru some temp traffic lights on weds and a knob in a van decided to jump the lights from a side street and hit me head on lucky i was not going fast and slowed it down to a crawl before i bounced off him .
it has cracked my front grill and the dealer says i can have any grill from any TT as a replacement any one know if the TT-S or TT-RS will fit cos they need to know asap and it has to fit or i will have to pay for it if it doesn't my car is a 2011 Tdi black edition Hope some one can help me please as i have to let them know asap so they can get on with the repairs ! Cheers All

the grills for both the tts and the tt 2011 have the same part number of 8j0 853651 (plus colour code).Same at the ttrs.Will fit.

the grills for both the tts and the tt 2011 have the same part number of 8j0 853651 (plus colour code).Same at the ttrs.Will fit.

cheers mate, only thing that thru me was when you look at the TT shop website it says TT-RS Grill only fits TT-RS bumper ! So i didnt think it fitted s-line /black editon bumper and i have to be 100% sure or will have to pay for it out of my own pocket !

Sorry to hear that! Hope you can sort it soon! :(

**** van drivers! I seriously hate them, that's why I always slow down when driving right infront of them... is so much fun... give it a try but not with your TT!

Good luck!

**** van drivers! I seriously hate them, that's why I always slow down when driving right infront of them... is so much fun... give it a try but not with your TT!

Good luck!

bit childish dont you think ?

Good luck!
I'm a van driver (14 yrs NO ACCIDENTS), people who do this "slow down when in front of them" need to realise the van is most likeley a company van ie not owned by the driver, Insurance is sorted by the company. Your car is yours, your insurance is yours, who will have the biggest headache? Yes the van driver may have to pay insurance excess. I would happily pay the excess if i ran in to a TiT with a nice car and probbably laugh about it down the pub. Also the van driver will get to drive another van the next morning after driving his car to work.

BUT on another note there are some van drivers out there who think they own the road, i'm not one of them (unless they slow down to **** me off, then i generally stay calm and **** them off a few miles down the road!) :)

Hope you get the grill sorted OP sorry for the rant lol

I'm a van driver (14 yrs NO ACCIDENTS), people who do this "slow down when in front of them" need to realise the van is most likeley a company van ie not owned by the driver, Insurance is sorted by the company. Your car is yours, your insurance is yours, who will have the biggest headache? Yes the van driver may have to pay insurance excess. I would happily pay the excess if i ran in to a TiT with a nice car and probbably laugh about it down the pub. Also the van driver will get to drive another van the next morning after driving his car to work.

BUT on another note there are some van drivers out there who think they own the road, i'm not one of them (unless they slow down to **** me off, then i generally stay calm and **** them off a few miles down the road!) :)

Hope you get the grill sorted OP sorry for the rant lol

Nice ones like are rarely ever seen on the road, well at least according to what I've seen so far... But yeah I don't do it to ones like you... :)

i dont mind when ppl slow up in front of me
iv got 44 ton when im touching there bumper