Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    flyjakey's Avatar
    Fly..Jake

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    30

    TT crashed help please

    Hi all, driving thru some temp traffic lights on weds and a knob in a van decided to jump the lights from a side street and hit me head on lucky i was not going fast and slowed it down to a crawl before i bounced off him .
    it has cracked my front grill and the dealer says i can have any grill from any TT as a replacement any one know if the TT-S or TT-RS will fit cos they need to know asap and it has to fit or i will have to pay for it if it doesn't my car is a 2011 Tdi black edition Hope some one can help me please as i have to let them know asap so they can get on with the repairs ! Cheers All

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    the grills for both the tts and the tt 2011 have the same part number of 8j0 853651 (plus colour code).Same at the ttrs.Will fit.
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  4. #3
    flyjakey's Avatar
    Fly..Jake

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    the grills for both the tts and the tt 2011 have the same part number of 8j0 853651 (plus colour code).Same at the ttrs.Will fit.

    cheers mate, only thing that thru me was when you look at the TT shop website it says TT-RS Grill only fits TT-RS bumper ! So i didnt think it fitted s-line /black editon bumper and i have to be 100% sure or will have to pay for it out of my own pocket !

  5. #4
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    469
    Sorry to hear that! Hope you can sort it soon!

    **** van drivers! I seriously hate them, that's why I always slow down when driving right infront of them... is so much fun... give it a try but not with your TT!

    Good luck!

  6. #5
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,430
    Quote Originally Posted by farzad View Post
    Sorry to hear that! Hope you can sort it soon!

    **** van drivers! I seriously hate them, that's why I always slow down when driving right infront of them... is so much fun... give it a try but not with your TT!


    Good luck!
    bit childish dont you think ?

  7. #6
    cjsuk's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by farzad View Post
    Sorry to hear that! Hope you can sort it soon!

    **** van drivers! I seriously hate them, that's why I always slow down when driving right infront of them... is so much fun... give it a try but not with your TT!

    Good luck!
    I'm a van driver (14 yrs NO ACCIDENTS), people who do this "slow down when in front of them" need to realise the van is most likeley a company van ie not owned by the driver, Insurance is sorted by the company. Your car is yours, your insurance is yours, who will have the biggest headache? Yes the van driver may have to pay insurance excess. I would happily pay the excess if i ran in to a TiT with a nice car and probbably laugh about it down the pub. Also the van driver will get to drive another van the next morning after driving his car to work.


    BUT on another note there are some van drivers out there who think they own the road, i'm not one of them (unless they slow down to piss me off, then i generally stay calm and piss them off a few miles down the road!)

    Hope you get the grill sorted OP sorry for the rant lol
    Ill try stuff out! If you never try and never fail, you will never know and never learn.

  8. #7
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    469

    TT crashed help please

    Quote Originally Posted by cjsuk View Post
    I'm a van driver (14 yrs NO ACCIDENTS), people who do this "slow down when in front of them" need to realise the van is most likeley a company van ie not owned by the driver, Insurance is sorted by the company. Your car is yours, your insurance is yours, who will have the biggest headache? Yes the van driver may have to pay insurance excess. I would happily pay the excess if i ran in to a TiT with a nice car and probbably laugh about it down the pub. Also the van driver will get to drive another van the next morning after driving his car to work.


    BUT on another note there are some van drivers out there who think they own the road, i'm not one of them (unless they slow down to piss me off, then i generally stay calm and piss them off a few miles down the road!)

    Hope you get the grill sorted OP sorry for the rant lol
    Nice ones like are rarely ever seen on the road, well at least according to what I've seen so far... But yeah I don't do it to ones like you...

  9. #8
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,430
    i dont mind when ppl slow up in front of me
    iv got 44 ton when im touching there bumper

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. My A6 crashed !
    By bigblokey0 in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 4th February 2011, 12:54
  2. Crashed my S3..
    By mark_sarah in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 27th January 2011, 13:25
  3. Crashed again...
    By voteforpedro in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13th October 2010, 18:01
  4. Crashed in my A3
    By JayA3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 5th November 2007, 16:27
  5. Someone crashed into my car
    By imported_VaulterTim in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2nd March 2005, 21:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO