cd changer jammed

apl2012

Reaction score
hi my 6 disc changer has jammed and it doesn't seem to have any power any ideas how to fix the problem?

same here buddy, what car have you got? Mines a 2000 S3 and its got a alpine 6 disc changer in the boot. I've just now took it out the boot (2 nuts and 1 screw) and im gonna try and un jam it but its a tough little mother. I'll let you know how i get on.

2003 tt, mine is at the side of the back seat and by the looks of it i have to take the inside panel off to get it out, what a pain!!

ah right, well i bought a new alpine cha-630 which plays mp3's and its working but its not if that makes sence lol.
theres defiantly power there as it cycles through the cd's but i now need a new interface that connects from the cd player to the lead going along the car to the radio, apparently there not on speaking terms because the new changer i bought is to new for it, just gotta find one.

My advice to you is disconnect the battery and then connect it back up again, or ideally get someone to connect it back up and then listen to the cd changer to see if there's a "noise" if it makes a sound the cd planner is knackered, its something to do with the cd disk drive motor but the good news is it wont be anything else as i found out. when you get it out makesure you get the same sort od cd changer, so you dont have my problem