Buying a TT MK1

Jax

Reaction score
Hi there, not been here for a while as sold my A3. Have had BMW's and minis since.

Thinking about buying a TT MK1, anything i should watch for, anything i should avoid? Any advice greatly received.

Anyone know of any being sold, relatively low mileage?

Jax

I would avoid the TT :laugh:

there is a few going on the TT forum with relatively low mileage, just make sure the cambelt and water pump have been done and look out for dodgy Dashpods.

Dazz

agreed, watch out for the dash pods, the 4 coil packs should have been replaced by Audi by now, also make sure the rear haldex diff has had regular oil and filter changes

Dashpod, cambelt change, Haldex service, ARB bushes perish, general turbo wear etc.

I will have a 46k 2000 (X plate) 225 quattro up for sale in the next week, it had one mature lady owner to 43k and then I've hardly used it in 14 months. Silver with black leather, coilovers, adjustable tie arms, BBS LM's, it's lovely!

Dashpod, cambelt change, Haldex service, ARB bushes perish, general turbo wear etc.

I will have a 46k 2000 (X plate) 225 quattro up for sale in the next week, it had one mature lady owner to 43k and then I've hardly used it in 14 months. Silver with black leather, coilovers, adjustable tie arms, BBS LM's, it's lovely!

sounds lush, what kind of price and what kind of MPG d ppl get from these??

aaron

I used to get around 24mpg on a good day. There is loads of TTs going the now for under £6000

Dazz