Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

TTRS Run-in period

Does anyone know if the 5cyl/2.5L has a run in period from new. The dealer seems to think not but wondering whether anybody knows any different. I would have thought these cars would be ready to go straight from the showroom.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Dont buy a ttrs! no...!
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

Hev
    Reverse Gear

Status
    We were told no by the dealer too. His reasoning was that the engine had been tested to the max back at Audi and also, if I drive it like a Grannie, it'll "learn" my driving style and never reach its full potential. Needless to say, it went on a rolling road within 2 weeks of being delivered and managed to put out 348 BHP

Hev x
    TT RS Roadster - Sepang Blue with stuff thrown at it! (and no fixed spoiler, AKA stealth mode)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Stickman View Post
    Dont buy a ttrs! no...!
    HAHA! Not buying a TTRS but getting an RS3. Same engine, hence the question.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hev View Post
    We were told no by the dealer too. His reasoning was that the engine had been tested to the max back at Audi and also, if I drive it like a Grannie, it'll "learn" my driving style and never reach its full potential. Needless to say, it went on a rolling road within 2 weeks of being delivered and managed to put out 348 BHP

Hev x
    Cheers Hev. Sometimes it seems worth doing for good measure as i normally have on my other cars but i guess this ones different!