Help Engine Management Light On

taj

Reaction score

Hi Guys

The engine management light has come on. It has come on before about twice and gone out after about 30 mins or so. It has come on again and stayed on. What could this mean or is it just the electrics playing up. The car is a TT 225 2001 X Plate. Any ideas much appreciated.

Taj

[ QUOTE ]
taj said:

Hi Guys

The engine management light has come on. It has come on before about twice and gone out after about 30 mins or so. It has come on again and stayed on. What could this mean or is it just the electrics playing up. The car is a TT 225 2001 X Plate. Any ideas much appreciated.

Taj

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be absolutely anything unfortunately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

...drive it gently for now - whereabouts are you? Anyone local to you with VAGCOM and a laptop who could read the codes for you? Once you have the codes, the real fun begins!

Adam

I live in Hayes West London. Anyone with VAG-COM locally. I don't mind travelling.

Thanks

Taj

Well here are the engine fault codes read from Taj's motor:

17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S1: Performance too Low
P1103 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16502 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Signal too High
P0118 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16514 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Malfunction in Circuit
P0130 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Good old CTS is in there - it looks like the old black type too as opposed to the newer green.

Anyone know if the TT uses a 2 lambda setup? If so which one are the codes against? And how easy is it to swap?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi

Just like to say a big thank you to Monty77 for all his help with pinpointing the faults with VAG-COM. He's been truly invaluable source of help and knowledge.

Cheers Mate

Hi, had this prob with my 02 S3, after months of going back to the stealers and having Audi come to my house to 'clear' the light, it turned out to be coolant temp sensor.