window failure

B

bainsyboy

Hi got auddi tt which i know is girls car liked by hairdressers but ive had just under 160 out of it so not that gay, just asking if any one has had problems with electric windows as i needed to take mine back 4 times to get window fixed and mechanic said common problem

I depends what the problem is. If it's the windows dropping an inch or so when you shut both doors within a second of eac hother then that was fairly common but I believe resolved on newer cars. I never bothered having it fixed on mine.

What is the problem?

p.s. Sounds like you're embarassed or having to justify your car. Don't worry about the saddo's who judge people like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

no problem justifying as at mo it goes like the clappers and best car ive had, regrding windows its something to do with the regulator or moderator ( i have no idea, what the audi bloke said, except its common ) problem i had is you press the switch once for down and it works, you pressed the switch for up and it would go half way up and stop then come back down again, press again and it would go quarter up, i think its the same problem the golfs had, works ok at moment but worried it will f--k up when car out of warranty, plus the audi bloke said it was audi counting pennies which is not good to hear when youve splashed the cash for new car

Every car is a compromise on cost. If they didn't save money here and there then the car would be a lot more expensive. Sorry to hear your problems. I guess he did the reset etc on the windows. Are they gonna replace the motors?

hi scoTTy, they replaced the regulator on it, but audi mechanic said that they have had another tt in loads of times and been on going for about seven months, so far touch wood mines been ok, but just wondering if any one had major probs