Badger5AH Fabrications
+ Reply to Thread
    6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel

Classifieds shake-up

I think it's about time the classified had an over-haul. I know it wasn't that long ago that the wanted/for sale/sold tags were brought in, and that's helped (when people have stuck to the system) but the general arrangement is still lacking some organisation. The only layout issues are that there should be a dedicated wheels section - genuine or reps, sorted by size (diameter) etc.

Other than that, I think we/you need to start being more strict with the listing guidelines. I'm not saying people are posting things falsely or anything, but there is a clear lack of understanding of where an item should go. Audi Cars should only have wanted/for sale ads for Audi cars. Not OEM parts, not non-OEM parts, and certainly not non-car related things. It's not a difficult system to follow, but people are either being lazy, trying to maximise views or just not able to access the drop down menus bit (possibly an issue with tapatalk users?) that sort where your ad will end up.

Right now, on the Audi Cars page, there are 13/30 ads that shouldn't be there - a private reg, tyres, lights etc - and I reckon it's time to get warnings going, or just cut out all wrongly listed ads (either delete or move them). They should be 1. Audi Cars, 2. Parts for Audi cars (oem or aftermarket), 3. Non-Audi cars and parts, and 4. Non car-related things (TVs, phones etc) to match the titles.

It's not just and OCD thing, it makes it harder for everyone when things aren't in the right places. You either don't see what you've been searching for because you didn't check the Audi Cars page for the wheels you were after, or you take 3 times as long to browse through the ads to find the car you want because you have to skip past ads for dog guards and plasma TVs.

[/rant]
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Problem is people are just registering and dump stuff in the classified section, they don't post on the forum or make any contribution and don't care where it's put or if they warned or get banned from the forum.

1st Gear

Status
    If you made a minimum post count before been able to post in the classifieds that would solve the problem of the people just advertising anywhere for the sake of it.

But I agree that you have the potential for a really good classifieds section with a little work and thought

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    If you made a minimum post count before been able to post in the classifieds that would solve the problem of the people just advertising anywhere for the sake of it.

But I agree that you have the potential for a really good classifieds section with a little work and thought
    We had that a people were just spamming to get the post count up

Rom
    2nd Gear

Status

Re: Classifieds shake-up

So enforce a spam doesnt count towards posts. A lot of other forums do that.
    Not hard to see someone is doing that, and suspend them, or alter post count etc

I liked the old classifieds section. I barely use this one now, as it has so many quirks, it's just annoying.
    VCDS - Hex-Can-USB - Bristol Area
    Toyota Pro Tech - PM me if you need something done!

2004 A3 TDi Sport
    - Bose, Leather / Alcantaras, Cruise, Eibach Sportlines, S Line Facelift
    Full Paint Correction
    To Do - Lamin X, Tints, Wheels

Past Cars

Peugeot 205 Gti Mi16 - Main love affair - Build Thread
    Honda CRX SiR - Short lived - Build Thread
    BMW E46 330d Sport
    Peugeot 306 Hdi DTurbo
    VW Gold MK4 TDi
    Vauxhall Nova SR - First car!

1st Gear

Status
    I agree with Rom, I find the classifieds very awkward to negotiate and have only used it twice since I joined.
    Dolphin Grey B6 A4 Avant 1.9tdi

Mods so far: Allard EGR delete pipe, Shark remap, Bilstein B12 Sportline suspension

Clueless!

Status
    I don't use the classified section on here as it's just far to complex. Wouldn't a standard forum subsection not be simpler to both maintain and browse?

2nd Gear

Status

Classifieds shake-up

I've found on edition38 that the post count to create a thread in classifieds is way to high. You're not only limited to how many posts you can do per day (IIRC) but you can get banned for spam also.
    I've been a member for a good few months now and I would say I'm fairly active and I still haven't exceeded that post count and I find it off putting.

I think a minimal post count of around 50, obviously legit posts not spam, is a very reasonable amount.
    And if people fancy spamming then show them the door

Avantee

Status
    the system i've used on a previous forum was have 3 sections. Cars for Sale, Parts for Sale and general items.

The parts you could then split into sub catergories for model. Every photo uploaded must have a piece of paper with your user name and date of posting on, so that we know its genuine and in your possession.
    Also block replies to the thread, only person that can edit is OP and mods, any interest must be done through PM.

Found it worked quite well and the username cards in photos can stop spamming as people have to take the time to do it and its added reassurance for buyer??

just my thoughts on it.

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

Status
    I will ask admin if there is any movement on the classifieds being tweaked/changed/set fire to.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I've said it numerous times now, always falls on deaf ears, but no matter what system is employed, we need stricter guidelines when items are listed, as per Edition38.

As in, photos must be shown of actual item with a date on a piece of paper or card, a phone number, general area as in town/county so people know where it is roughly, a full description including car fitted too or cars can be fitted too & any part numbers.

This will not only help the buyer & seller, it will help avoid fraud as well & generally make it easier for the forum & people who use the system.

Some of the listings I see on the ebay threads & classifieds are absolutely useless shxt IMHO, if people cant be arsed to make the effort, they shouldnt have access to the system, simple.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I will ask admin if there is any movement on the classifieds being tweaked/changed/set fire to.
    that could be the poll options:

a- tweak them
    b- change them(to ed38 style)
    c- set them on fire

I vote C
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Not again, this comes up periodocially and the powers that be then spend squillions on a hack/add in/ thing that doesn't work properly. However, given the users of the classifieds don't delete stuff when they sell them or answer messages, it would seem to be as much admins fault as the end user( in general)