Stickys

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I was just wondering.

If there any way to make a sticky or a normal post appear in selection of sections with out it being copied?

I use the STOLEN A3 SLine Black Edition thread and an example.

There are 3 copies of that thread in 3 different sections.
If that was one thread but with links in the other sections, everyone would be able to post and express their views on the situation with out possible repeating them selfs or the original poster repeating him self and bouncing around forum typing the same thing in 3 times.

Just a thought, There might be other examples but thats the only one that caused this question to be asked.

Thanks. :)

I am pretty sure that this can be done by merging the threads to link back to one location for replies. I set the stolen car thread at the ops request and copied it across as a sticky so that it remains at the top of each section so it doesnt disappear down the page as more posts are listed. The op has no problem with that. Hope that answers your questions Scott and Westy. :) x

I was just wondering.

If there any way to make a sticky or a normal post appear in selection of sections with out it being copied?

I use the STOLEN A3 SLine Black Edition thread and an example.

There are 3 copies of that thread in 3 different sections.
If that was one thread but with links in the other sections, everyone would be able to post and express their views on the situation with out possible repeating them selfs or the original poster repeating him self and bouncing around forum typing the same thing in 3 times.

Just a thought, There might be other examples but thats the only one that caused this question to be asked.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Its a good idea and must be possible. But if not then a workaround could be....

When a thread is posted in the wrong section (for example the 8L section) and it is moved to the correction section (the 8P section) it still leaves a clickable thread title listed in the incorrect section where it was originally posted (the 8L section). And when its clicked you just get redirected to the thread.

I'm guessing that's also possible with stickies.