Audi-sport TV

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can the top bar which shows the new or existing TV links be either removed or minimised please on a per user basis via settings or add a -/+ sign in the top corner of this bar as you have added to the other forum bars?

Can the top bar which shows the new or existing TV links be either removed or minimised please on a per user basis via settings or add a -/+ sign in the top corner of this bar as you have added to the other forum bars?

I already requested this, the answer is NO! lol

Just seems (for me) a bit pointless having it there all the time, if there's a tv link on the top bar anyway for interested parties to click, why dump it right there without any way of a user minimising or removing altogether as per the other bars, unless of course the tv is an addon not part of the original code & thus cant utilise the -/+ feature.

I already requested this, the answer is NO! lol
Yes and NO! ;) - that's a bit of an over-simplification...
Just seems (for me) a bit pointless having it there all the time, if there's a tv link on the top bar anyway for interested parties to click, why dump it right there without any way of a user minimising or removing altogether as per the other bars, unless of course the tv is an addon not part of the original code & thus cant utilise the -/+ feature.
...Which gets closer to what was the *actual* response.

It's not part of the original code, and one of the first things we looked at was the possibility of adding a 'collapse' button - in short, it'll be fairly fiddly.

We're working on all kinds of things at the moment (we don't just hang around to make life difficult, I promise!) - I'd love to show you all the list, but a) it'd spoil the surprise(s), and b) I'm not sure we've got the server space (and we've got a BIG server now). We've hacked (sorry, customised) an awful lot of code lately to make things fit/work properly, and there's a lot more to come in projects that are ongoing. The upshot of this is that while we're in the mode, we will have a tinker with the media box - but it'll have to wait its turn, and we don't want to set anything in stone just yet.

Cheers,

Rob.

Reactions: ScottD3

So there was no way to copy the code from the existing bars with collapsable boxes or does this open up cans of worms with VB about utilising there code, although same use, guessing there are issues revolving around the collapsing of the container around the insertion of the video windows, I'm by no means a programmer, just trying to understand what stops it from working, call it curiosity more than anything else.

Then again, having an empty bar there would look naff, so maybe a tick box in the CP would of been better, but that then adds other database checking instructions I guess for each user, when logged on, to see what layout it needs to present & for the thousands that use the site, that could affect the server operations interms of speed, many considerations, arggh my head hurts, lol, sounds like allot of fun.

Previous reply to that stands too. The rednames have been on here for probably at least 12 out of every 24 hours lately; I promise we're not just staring blankly at the forum index ;) - there's a workaround for it (a-whole-nother click), so it's lower priority than the other stuff just now...

[expanded explanation - we've got more fresh code running the tab/nav bars now, and while it makes it easier to do a 'quick tidy-up' there are complications when it comes to a) plug-in products, and b) shifting things which would 'by spec' normally be in the tab bar to the nav bar beneath, while making them persistent and not breaking the tabs which spawn them - more code hacking, but again, as there's a workaround, it becomes lower priority]

So there was no way to copy the code from the existing bars with collapsable boxes or does this open up cans of worms with VB about utilising there code, although same use, guessing there are issues revolving around the collapsing of the container around the insertion of the video windows, I'm by no means a programmer, just trying to understand what stops it from working, call it curiosity more than anything else.
The native vB stuff is all governed by its own hooks so that preferences can be remembered and recalled - it'd be easy enough to bodge a button in to make it collapse, the trickier bit is incorporating it into vB so that a choice is persistent (until the next user-input). Having to press a collapse button every time the page loads would probably be more annoying than the box could possibly be just by being there?

Then again, having an empty bar there would look naff, so maybe a tick box in the CP would of been better, but that then adds other database checking instructions I guess for each user, when logged on, to see what layout it needs to present & for the thousands that use the site, that could affect the server operations interms of speed, many considerations, arggh my head hurts, lol, sounds like allot of fun.
Keeping it in the cookie and 'syncing' between sessions (effectively as above) would probably be far less resource-hungry than in the database, but there'd be a greater requirement for template-edits and hacking to put it in the CP.

Rob.