PROPER SW MEET?

tonya4

TDi Powerrrr
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a 'proper' sw meet,not one thats over 100 miles away!I'm thinking Exeter or Plymouth as possible locations.
Please post below if you are interested!
thanks
tony

Check out ash b on the 8p forum he is in Wales and gets the lads 2gether for the ed38 bristol kk meet
He would probably be up for it and he knows quite a few ppl

Check out ash b on the 8p forum he is in Wales and gets the lads 2gether for the ed38 bristol kk meet
He would probably be up for it and he knows quite a few ppl

thanks,but am trying to keep it more central for the sw,Bristol is nearly 100 miles each way for me!
tony

130 miles for me to bristol.
Exeter or dartmoor would be cool.

A nice remote pub in dartmoor could be good. get some good pictures if the weather is nice as well.

I like the idea of that. I don't know dartmoor well so can't think of any places. Any Sunday is good with me, preferably early ish. Someone think of a place and date then let's go from there...

I found a really nice place once. massive public carpark and the pub was right next door.
really nice area.
Can't think of it for the lift of me now.
I'll do some searching.

I'm thinking middle to end of jan,lets get christmas etc out the way first.
Scott,if you could remember where this place is that would be great.
I think at the moment,if everyone who is interested add there name and location,then we can pick somewhere central for all of us.

tony

1.tony Barnstaple
2.Sportstractor Barnstaple
3.Scott Plymouth

I'm up for a meet up, my Audi is off the road but I'll still like to meet you all!

Pat

thanks anyway Scott.

pats3poa,whats your location mate?Am hoping to find somewhere central for all those attending.

tony

Ha, I'm trying to think where that could of been. Not outside the Chinese by chance?

Spring compressors!!??, just undo the nut and watch them fly.

wasoutside your house mate,I'm guessing,assuming you live next to a garage.

tony

thanks anyway Scott.

pats3poa,whats your location mate?Am hoping to find somewhere central for all those attending.

tony

I'm Exeter mate, but M5 is just a few mins away from my place, plus I don't mine traveling a bit for a good meet!

Come on lads let's make this happen!!

Pat

wasoutside your house mate,I'm guessing,assuming you live next to a garage.

tony

Oh right, yea I do leave it outside occasionally as we have too many vehicles at home and get fed up moving them all around...

I can't do Saturday either, got work, then got to pickup a S14 rear end for a mate for his capri conversion, and then iv got a FMIC to install on my car...

Could possibly do Sunday although my car might not be ready

Can't do Saturday,Sundays are better for me

tony

I'm happy with any thing really.
Saturdays are better cause the misses is in work, so no chance of her coming. :)

Oakehampton seems to be the most central part for all of us.
The highway man gets my vote for a weekend.

EDIT:=- I can't do this weekend either.
I'm off hunting down scrap yards. lol

if you want a hand doing your fmic give me a shout,got one to do on mine sometime,gotta get the pipework first though.

tony

Last edited:
id be up for a weekend meet, or even a sunny evning meet. Aim for dartmoor, around oakhampton. Isnt the highwayman that haunted place scott?

id be up for a weekend meet, or even a sunny evning meet. Aim for dartmoor, around oakhampton. Isnt the highwayman that haunted place scott?

No idea mate.

I've not been out an about for yonks and kind of forgot about this thread. lol
Sorry people.

Haunted or not, go get a pint and if it drinks it self or moves, we go some where else :D

Maybe we should crash a vw meet... Seen a few being organised in plymouth, inc a rolling road road day at the end of June

Any one still up for trying to do this?

I'm going to pull my finger out and try and sort something out for use Devon/Cornwall folk.

Not sure where yet or when but lets see what we can do.

Let's get it sorted then! Can anybody think of a decent venue near okehampton/dartmoor way? Maybe worth aiming for the 6th or 7th of oct - the weekend before ADI. Will be a good chance to meet some people and tinker about with VCDS...

Can we make it closer to Cornwall as there is a fair few of is down here now