• 1 Post By Sandra
  • 2 Post By kwistof
  • 1 Post By kwistof
  • 1 Post By kwistof

Thread: New member looking for first meet

Reverse Gear

Status

New member looking for first meet

Hi everyone, I'm new in the site and I was just wondering when the next meet is that I can pop along to, get to know a few people around here. I am from Essex so doesn't matter how far the meets are to be honest.

Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Hi there,

Welcome to the site- what Audi model do you own and you had it long?

We were looking to get a meet in this side of the year for the SE, but it's looking a tad difficult what with the dark evenings and foul weather that's creeping up on us- but I will have a chat with Sandra over the next few days to see what other options are available for 2013.

Regular meets that do happen though in the SE that several ASN members go to are -

Prept @ Brands hatch (every last Wednesday of the month, so the next meet is 1 week from today and £2 entry per person - but be warned...it's very 'scene')

COV @ Ace Cafe in West London hold a meet last Tuesday of every month, Aaron and the crowd are a right good laugh and always up for a chat.
    COMRADES OF VAG - Events

Btw where in Essex are you from?

Chris
    Sandra and Pritch89 like this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Hi there,

Welcome to the site- what Audi model do you own and you had it long?

We were looking to get a meet in this side of the year for the SE, but it's looking a tad difficult what with the dark evenings and foul weather that's creeping up on us- but I will have a chat with Sandra over the next few days to see what other options are available for 2013.

Regular meets that do happen though in the SE that several ASN members go to are -

Prept @ Brands hatch (every last Wednesday of the month, so the next meet is 1 week from today and £2 entry per person - but be warned...it's very 'scene')

COV @ Ace Cafe in West London hold a meet last Tuesday of every month, Aaron and the crowd are a right good laugh and always up for a chat.
    COMRADES OF VAG - Events

Btw where in Essex are you from?

Chris
    Hi Chris

I have an A3 Black Edition. Not had it long actually seeing as I don't collect it until Friday
    Yea ill definatley be up for any meets in the near future. Not been here long so I don't really know anyone so getting to know a few would be good. I'll keep my eye out then.

Im in stanford le hope, don't really live here but I work here so I'm staying here pretty much 7 days a week. I live in chesham just outside the m25 but that when I actually go home. Pretty rare though as I work 7 days quite a lot of the time.

Nathan

Status
    How about a dealership meet Chris? Just need locations and i will work some magic for you. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Hi Nathan,

Just seen your post in the Welcome section and the 8P is looking good- bet you can't wait to get the keys in your hands now

You got anything in mind for the motor once you collect her?

Keep an eye out in this section for ASN meets and other events around the SE.....Ace cafe seem quiet close to your home address and any meets set up at Lakeside/Bluewater you pretty much live round the corner which is pretty handy.

Chris
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    How about a dealership meet Chris? Just need locations and i will work some magic for you. x
    I'm having a problem with actually picking a dealership that is sort of central to people in the SE lol....maybe mid/north Kent would be appropriate or possibly south sussex like Brighton x
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    I'm having a problem with actually picking a dealership that is sort of central to people in the SE lol....maybe mid/north Kent would be appropriate or possibly south sussex like Brighton x
    Brighton sounds good, is that fairly central to you all? x

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi Sandra, what's the story with these dealership meets? What goes in as I've never heard of them before?

Hi Nathan,

Just seen your post in the Welcome section and the 8P is looking good- bet you can't wait to get the keys in your hands now

You got anything in mind for the motor once you collect her?

Keep an eye out in this section for ASN meets and other events around the SE.....Ace cafe seem quiet close to your home address and any meets set up at Lakeside/Bluewater you pretty much live round the corner which is pretty handy. Chris
    Yea eat I cannot wait to be honest. Not got much planned at the minute as I don't want to void the warranty. But maybe a few subtle mods won't hurt. Any suggestions at all, just little things that help make it look nicer?

I'm quite close to lakeside and blue water so yea that's ideal if there is meets there

Status
    Hi Nathan, dealership meets are held at local audi dealers, we get some prime location parking, usually some refreshments and depending on when and where we get to see all the latest model cars eg is the latest rs range. x
    Essexman likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Pritch89 View Post
    Not got much planned at the minute as I don't want to void the warranty. But maybe a few subtle mods won't hurt. Any suggestions at all, just little things that help make it look nicer?

I'm quite close to lakeside and blue water so yea that's ideal if there is meets there
    A little suggestion that would make the car look even more fresh would be to change all the bulbs to LED.

I'm not sure what bulbs are already LED on your vehicle (with it being new), but I expect things like the vanity mirrors and dome lights won't be LED for the interior won't be.

If you're interested then drop a message to Trups who's a site sponsor here and be able to send you out the correct kit for your car.

EM Tuning

I'm currently waiting on an LED kit at the moment actually from him and I've only heard great reviews from his service

I expect you see quiet a lot of action during the weekends around those areas then? Prime hot spots for the local Barrys those! lol
    2000 S3 APY

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Nathan, dealership meets are held at local audi dealers, we get some prime location parking, usually some refreshments and depending on when and where we get to see all the latest model cars eg is the latest rs range. x
    Oh that's pretty good then. Does the audi dealer that you go to know that its a car meet that will be going there or do you just turn up there?

Status
    Oh that's pretty good then. Does the audi dealer that you go to know that its a car meet that will be going there or do you just turn up there?
    You just dont turn up, these are arranged meetings Nathan. x

Reverse Gear

Status
    A little suggestion that would make the car look even more fresh would be to change all the bulbs to LED.

I'm not sure what bulbs are already LED on your vehicle (with it being new), but I expect things like the vanity mirrors and dome lights won't be LED for the interior won't be.

If you're interested then drop a message to Trups who's a site sponsor here and be able to send you out the correct kit for your car.

EM Tuning

I'm currently waiting on an LED kit at the moment actually from him and I've only heard great reviews from his service

I expect you see quiet a lot of action during the weekends around those areas then? Prime hot spots for the local Barrys those! lol

Oh thanks mate ill look into the LEDs then. Nice little touch.

Yea way too many sheds knocking about this area. Not just weekends either, most weekdays as well haha

Reverse Gear

Status
    You just dont turn up, these are arranged meetings Nathan. x
    Oh I know they are arranged to some extent, I just mean do you arrange it with the dealership or just on here?

Status
    I arrange with the dealerships Nathan x

Reverse Gear

Status
    I arrange with the dealerships Nathan x
    Ohhhh I see. That's good, never heard of that happening before. I can imagine it makes for quite a good meet

Status
    Ohhhh I see. That's good, never heard of that happening before. I can imagine it makes for quite a good meet
    Thats why we are the best audi forum. x
    Pritch89 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just a thought Chris what about Maidstone Audi as their new dealership is quite impressive? Failing that Southend Audi could be a worth a look into?
    2010 S3 Sportback
    Miltek cat-back non res / soon to be wrapped!!.....
    **Message for parts enquiries in Kent**

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3crystal-luke View Post
    Just a thought Chris what about Maidstone Audi as their new dealership is quite impressive? Failing that Southend Audi could be a worth a look into?
    Thats where I got my A3 from, Southend. I will keep an eye out for the next meet that's arranged and I'll come along

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by S3crystal-luke View Post
    Maidstone Audi is a good shout Luke....

Haven't actually been up to it before but that is pretty central for the majority of us....I was thinking about Southend before but it's a bit of a trek for those travelling from say Brighton.

Sandra- could you drop Maidstone Audi an email to see if/when they could accommodate us in the next couple of months and what dates they have to offer?

Thanks
    LukeTripod87 and Sandra like this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    Maidstone Audi is a good shout Luke....

Haven't actually been up to it before but that is pretty central for the majority of us....I was thinking about Southend before but it's a bit of a trek for those travelling from say Brighton.

Sandra- could you drop Maidstone Audi an email to see if/when they could accommodate us in the next couple of months and what dates they have to offer?

Thanks
    Morning Chris, i will phone them this morning, saturday or sunday for meet? Around lunchtime? x

Status

My Social Networking

Morning Chris, i will phone them this morning, saturday or sunday for meet? Around lunchtime? x
    Morning Sandra

Yeah around lunchtime sounds good....

Have a dig to see what's best for them in terms of either holding it on the Saturday or Sunday as I expect Saturday would be pretty busy at dealerships and some people probably work also. Drop me a PM with what they come back with x
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    Morning Sandra

Have a dig to see what's best for them in terms of either holding it on the Saturday or Sunday as I expect Saturday would be pretty busy at dealerships and some people probably work also. Drop me a PM with what they come back with x
    Ok Chris, i will aim for a sunday around lunchtime. Will pm you with my results as soon as i have. Have a good day. x

Reverse Gear

Status
    Morning Sandra

Morning all, yea I work 7 days quite a lot but as I'm self employed it's fairly easy to book time off. If you find out today that you can do a meet on Sunday I will book it off.
    A3 Black Edition, 2.0 TDI, S Line in White

Status

My Social Networking

Morning all, yea I work 7 days quite a lot but as I'm self employed it's fairly easy to book time off. If you find out today that you can do a meet on Sunday I will book it off.
    Yep will do mate I'll update it on the other thread though here

Next South East meet....but which Audi dealership?

Sandras on the case now and she doesn't hang about
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yep will do mate I'll update it on the other thread though here

Next South East meet....but which Audi dealership?

Sandras on the case now and she doesn't hang about
    Spot on cheers mate
    A3 Black Edition, 2.0 TDI, S Line in White