JMB RetrofitsBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Next South East meet....but which Audi dealership?

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel

Next South East meet....but which Audi dealership?

Hi South East ASN members.....

I was looking for your help in suggesting a dealership for our next meet within the South East region.

I don't often go to the dealerships so it's not as if I have any 'special relationship' as some of you may have.

So I am asking for your help in suggesting a decent Audi dealership to meet before the summer ends....

My local Audi is East Kent Audi in Canterbury....decent size car park but doesn't have an amazing display of vehicles and I expect quiet a distance from a lot of you.

What's local to you? Or where have you visited/seen that would be a good place to meet?

Brighton? Tonbridge? Southend? West London?

Cheers

Chris
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'd be up for one, I'm in High Wycombe.
    I know there's one in Sough, but I don't mind travelling into W London either.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    I have been thinking about this Audi dealership actually in West London (Brentford) as this is 'Worlds largest Audi centre' and has only recently been opened......

https://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/...estlondon.html

Chris
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm interested!
    kwistof likes this.

Status
    Depends on date, i may come down join you for this one Chris x
    kwistof likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Status

My Social Networking

Well as it it's in West London....I expect that will open the door to other areas on ASN like some members in the midlands and people in the west.

Would be nice for you to come down Sandra and visit the centre.

I've never been to that dealership tbh- will have to contact them shortly and see how many cars they can accomodate and what dates would be good for us to visit i.e when they have the new S3 8V in for example of other goodies for us to browse at :D
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Reverse Gear

Status
    Get this lot invited - they have a VERY large meet once a month at J2 M40 Services:

HOMEgrown
    sliced likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

I think we'd open it to ASN members only tbh- purely because we would be guests of West London Audi and if any of the members in the HOMEgrown meet were to misbehave, that could bring ASN into bad light which is definitely what we don't want.

I'll get them added on my Facebook though- there seems to be quiet a few VAG car clubs on the book
    2000 S3 APY

Reverse Gear

Status
    Would we get enough folk up justify a meet?

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by TheLordJohn View Post
    Would we get enough folk up justify a meet?
    This is what we are trying to find out

I will have a chat with Sandra as the Audi centre looks huge and I'm sure quiet a few ASN members would be interested in popping along to the largest centre in the world for Audi :D
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    Will try grab a chat with you tomorrow Chris if not, i will try Saturday. I think we should keep this to asn members only for the moment. x
    kwistof likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Count me in

Mac
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Gloss black RS4 style mesh grille,fog grilles,splitter trim,A8 boot rings,rear diffuser & door blades.
    Ice White fogs, Tints, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior,satin black exhaust tips, black calipers/red Audi rings.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I hope we get enough folk to make it worthwhile!

Just Me

Status

My Social Networking

Add TOTE on Facebook
    I am up for it

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by TheLordJohn View Post
    I hope we get enough folk to make it worthwhile!
    I'm sure we will fella

Especially as we have Sandra and Admin on side....a little female persuasion can go along way
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Neutral

Status
    Depending on dates I will be up for this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    I'm sure we will fella

Especially as we have Sandra and Admin on side....a little female persuasion can go along way
    Thank you Chris. If we can get a rough idea on numbers, date etc we can get this rolling. Maybe a good idea if you pop this in other sections that not too far away and link it back to here, maybe get a list of those interested. What do you think Chris? x

Status

My Social Networking

Yeah sounds like a plan Sandra....

However I think we should give this dealership a ring first to find out what dates they could accommodate us there and/or if they have any special cars or events happening at the Audi centre that we could coincide with.

I was thinking mid October/Early November time on a Sunday? I'll put a 'feeler' email around some of the sections shortly
    x
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    Yeah sounds like a plan Sandra....

However I think we should give this dealership a ring first to find out what dates they could accommodate us there and/or if they have any special cars or events happening at the Audi centre that we could coincide with.

I was thinking mid October/Early November time on a Sunday? I'll put a 'feeler' email around some of the sections shortly
    x
    Ok Chris, i will contact the dealer see what info i can get. x
    kwistof likes this.

Status
    Update: waiting to hear back with some dates. X

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Update: waiting to hear back with some dates. X
    That's a quick turn around - I like your style

Did they say it they had anything going on at the centre? Or could you find out if there is catering facilities on or near by the premises?

Or we could persuade Adam to bring down the coolest BBQ ever if we get a lot of interest :D
    x
    Sandra likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    They will look at whats coming up, they will look at the timescale dates i have given them, im sure if we get enough numbers Chris that Adam can be asked nicely if he will bring the cool asn bbq out for a little airing, lol. I dont like to waste time, just get cracking and see where it leads. x
    kwistof likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    I have been away from the audi scene for a while but got a new a3 on order so as soon as that arrive's (late december ish) I would be interested
    kwistof and Sandra like this.
    2010 S3 Sportback
    Miltek cat-back non res / soon to be wrapped!!.....
    **Message for parts enquiries in Kent**

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Grale1 on Facebook
    I'd come depending if mine back on the road by the time this comes round
    A3 1.8t AGU, fk ak street coilovers, silicone tip, silicone turbo outlet pipe, forge 007p ( yellow spring ), 80mm jetex cone filter, 3" cold air feed, 3" downpipe and de cat, R-tech stage1 map 187bhp- 227ft

2nd Gear

Status
    Am up for this depending on dates.

Been on the forum for a while but would be great to meet a few folk in person.
    Enjoying my 8V

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    SLough audi car park is tiny
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

Status

My Social Networking

Apologies for not getting back to anyone on this or creating a list...

Had a lot going on at work the past few weeks and I know Sandra is still waiting on West London Audi to get back to her.

Definitely need to get something sorted before the crazy winter weather kicks in
    LukeTripod87 and JohnnyM100 like this.
    2000 S3 APY

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Chris, just a little thought. As I have started my own detailing business at the weekends at the moment I could bring things along for people to try out and also maybe offer some advice to people who maybe don't have the experience or are a bit scared on what to do? Also if people need any parts/accessories I can offer some great discounts on them? Not sure if it's a good idea or not? Let me know your thought's
    Sandra likes this.
    2010 S3 Sportback
    Miltek cat-back non res / soon to be wrapped!!.....
    **Message for parts enquiries in Kent**

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by S3crystal-luke View Post
    Hi Chris, just a little thought. As I have started my own detailing business at the weekends at the moment I could bring things along for people to try out and also maybe offer some advice to people who maybe don't have the experience or are a bit scared on what to do? Also if people need any parts/accessories I can offer some great discounts on them? Not sure if it's a good idea or not? Let me know your thought's
    That's a great idea Luke....I'm sure we are all pretty passionate about keeping our cars in tip top condition and who doesn't enjoy some OEM parts with some discount added

Great suggestion.

In terms of what's happening at the moment- Sandra is still waiting on Audi UK with some dates....seems as though there not the quickest in replying and also Sandra has had quiet a bit on from what I've gathered.
    LukeTripod87 likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    That's a great idea Luke....I'm sure we are all pretty passionate about keeping our cars in tip top condition and who doesn't enjoy some OEM parts with some discount added

Great suggestion.

In terms of what's happening at the moment- Sandra is still waiting on Audi UK with some dates....seems as though there not the quickest in replying and also Sandra has had quiet a bit on from what I've gathered.
    Chris, i will send you a pm regarding meet at West London Audi. Should be with you shortly. x
    kwistof likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

So a little update in regarding details from West London Audi -

Unfortunately we will be unable to visit them this side of the year as they are reshuffling there showroom and so are very pushed for space.

They have welcomed our visit though and can accommodate us for early next year and have said they might be able to put a few things on for us

I'll pencil in around the end of February/beginning of March time 2014 but we will be getting more details once we have them.
    LukeTripod87, Sandra and TonyH38 like this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status
    If you want to pick another dealership for a meet, please give me details, dates etc. i am doing well today with organising x

Status

My Social Networking

Yeah I'll have a nosey round and will let you know

Cold weathers kicking in now though so a lot of owners with the fancier motors are putting them into hibernation
    x
    Sandra and TonyH38 like this.
    2000 S3 APY

Status

My Social Networking

So as West London Audi was a no go for 2013....Maidstone Audi has come to the rescue and a meet has been set up in this thread-

ASN 17th November meet at Maidstone Audi

Limited spaces though people
    2000 S3 APY

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook
    Maybe in the new year?
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Crooks View Post
    Maybe in the new year?
    They will be able accommodate us for around Spring 2014.

Sandra has been busy organising the main details....but as soon as they are all finalised I'll get all the information up here
    2000 S3 APY

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook
    Cool! Would be good if we could get it at the dealership in London
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black

2nd Gear

Status
    Any news folks?

Once the water recedes it would be good to meet up and also to try to put some of the estoril / noggy / scuba / sepang / sprint blue discussions on other ASN sub-forums to rest.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyM100 View Post
    Any news folks?

Once the water recedes it would be good to meet up and also to try to put some of the estoril / noggy / scuba / sepang / sprint blue discussions on other ASN sub-forums to rest.

John.
    Hi John,

This should be happening in March time- no exact date has been arranged yet.

From what I understand the dealer will be looking at putting a few special activities on for us- so we need to wait and see when the most appropriate day will be for this. With March being the release of the new plate reg - I expect the dealership will be quiet busy around that time, so we are waiting for them to confirm more details.

I'm just as eager to get out in the motor as well- and this will be a great excuse

Sandra or I will update when we have more information

What's this blue paint colour discussion you speak of as well?

Chris
    2000 S3 APY

2nd Gear

Status

Next South East meet....but which Audi dealership?

Thanks Chris.

Agree March time would be busy for the dealers.

Re the colour debate; a quick search on the A3 8V thread for Estoril should give you a taster.

John.
    kwistof likes this.
    Enjoying my 8V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast