Next South East meet....but which Audi dealership?

kwistof

South East Events Moderator
Reaction score
Hi South East ASN members.....

I was looking for your help in suggesting a dealership for our next meet within the South East region.

I don't often go to the dealerships so it's not as if I have any 'special relationship' as some of you may have.

So I am asking for your help in suggesting a decent Audi dealership to meet before the summer ends....

My local Audi is East Kent Audi in Canterbury....decent size car park but doesn't have an amazing display of vehicles and I expect quiet a distance from a lot of you.

What's local to you? Or where have you visited/seen that would be a good place to meet?

Brighton? Tonbridge? Southend? West London?

Cheers

Chris

Depends on date, i may come down join you for this one Chris :) x

Reactions: kwistof
Well as it it's in West London....I expect that will open the door to other areas on ASN like some members in the midlands and people in the west.

Would be nice for you to come down Sandra and visit the centre.

I've never been to that dealership tbh- will have to contact them shortly and see how many cars they can accomodate and what dates would be good for us to visit :) i.e when they have the new S3 8V in for example of other goodies for us to browse at :D

Reactions: Sandra
I think we'd open it to ASN members only tbh- purely because we would be guests of West London Audi and if any of the members in the HOMEgrown meet were to misbehave, that could bring ASN into bad light which is definitely what we don't want.

I'll get them added on my Facebook though- there seems to be quiet a few VAG car clubs on the book :)

Would we get enough folk up justify a meet?

This is what we are trying to find out :)

I will have a chat with Sandra as the Audi centre looks huge and I'm sure quiet a few ASN members would be interested in popping along to the largest centre in the world for Audi :D

Will try grab a chat with you tomorrow Chris if not, i will try Saturday. I think we should keep this to asn members only for the moment. :) x

I hope we get enough folk to make it worthwhile!

I'm sure we will fella :)

Especially as we have Sandra and Admin on side....a little female persuasion can go along way :eyebrows:

I'm sure we will fella :)

Especially as we have Sandra and Admin on side....a little female persuasion can go along way :eyebrows:

Thank you Chris. If we can get a rough idea on numbers, date etc we can get this rolling. Maybe a good idea if you pop this in other sections that not too far away and link it back to here, maybe get a list of those interested. What do you think Chris? :) x

Yeah sounds like a plan Sandra....

However I think we should give this dealership a ring first to find out what dates they could accommodate us there and/or if they have any special cars or events happening at the Audi centre that we could coincide with.

I was thinking mid October/Early November time on a Sunday? I'll put a 'feeler' email around some of the sections shortly :)
x

Yeah sounds like a plan Sandra....

However I think we should give this dealership a ring first to find out what dates they could accommodate us there and/or if they have any special cars or events happening at the Audi centre that we could coincide with.

I was thinking mid October/Early November time on a Sunday? I'll put a 'feeler' email around some of the sections shortly :)
x

Ok Chris, i will contact the dealer see what info i can get. :) x

Update: waiting to hear back with some dates. :yes:X

Update: waiting to hear back with some dates. :yes:X

That's a quick turn around - I like your style :icon_thumright:

Did they say it they had anything going on at the centre? Or could you find out if there is catering facilities on or near by the premises?

:idea: Or we could persuade Adam to bring down the coolest BBQ ever if we get a lot of interest :D
x

They will look at whats coming up, they will look at the timescale dates i have given them, im sure if we get enough numbers Chris that Adam can be asked nicely if he will bring the cool asn bbq out for a little airing, lol. I dont like to waste time, just get cracking and see where it leads. :) x

I have been away from the audi scene for a while but got a new a3 on order so as soon as that arrive's (late december ish) I would be interested

Reactions: kwistof and Sandra
Am up for this depending on dates.

Been on the forum for a while but would be great to meet a few folk in person.

Apologies for not getting back to anyone on this or creating a list...

Had a lot going on at work the past few weeks and I know Sandra is still waiting on West London Audi to get back to her.

Definitely need to get something sorted before the crazy winter weather kicks in

Reactions: LukeTripod87 and JohnM100
Hi Chris, just a little thought. As I have started my own detailing business at the weekends at the moment I could bring things along for people to try out and also maybe offer some advice to people who maybe don't have the experience or are a bit scared on what to do? Also if people need any parts/accessories I can offer some great discounts on them? Not sure if it's a good idea or not? Let me know your thought's :)

Hi Chris, just a little thought. As I have started my own detailing business at the weekends at the moment I could bring things along for people to try out and also maybe offer some advice to people who maybe don't have the experience or are a bit scared on what to do? Also if people need any parts/accessories I can offer some great discounts on them? Not sure if it's a good idea or not? Let me know your thought's :)

That's a great idea Luke....I'm sure we are all pretty passionate about keeping our cars in tip top condition and who doesn't enjoy some OEM parts with some discount added :)

Great suggestion.

In terms of what's happening at the moment- Sandra is still waiting on Audi UK with some dates....seems as though there not the quickest in replying and also Sandra has had quiet a bit on from what I've gathered.

Reactions: LukeTripod87
That's a great idea Luke....I'm sure we are all pretty passionate about keeping our cars in tip top condition and who doesn't enjoy some OEM parts with some discount added :)

Great suggestion.

In terms of what's happening at the moment- Sandra is still waiting on Audi UK with some dates....seems as though there not the quickest in replying and also Sandra has had quiet a bit on from what I've gathered.

Chris, i will send you a pm regarding meet at West London Audi. Should be with you shortly. :) x

So a little update in regarding details from West London Audi -

Unfortunately we will be unable to visit them this side of the year as they are reshuffling there showroom and so are very pushed for space.

They have welcomed our visit though and can accommodate us for early next year and have said they might be able to put a few things on for us :)

I'll pencil in around the end of February/beginning of March time 2014 but we will be getting more details once we have them.

Reactions: LukeTripod87, TonyH38 and Sandra
If you want to pick another dealership for a meet, please give me details, dates etc. i am doing well today with organising :) x

Yeah I'll have a nosey round and will let you know :)

Cold weathers kicking in now though so a lot of owners with the fancier motors are putting them into hibernation :(
x

Reactions: TonyH38 and Sandra
Maybe in the new year?

:yes: They will be able accommodate us for around Spring 2014.

Sandra has been busy organising the main details....but as soon as they are all finalised I'll get all the information up here :icon_thumright:

Any news folks?

Once the water recedes it would be good to meet up and also to try to put some of the estoril / noggy / scuba / sepang / sprint blue discussions on other ASN sub-forums to rest.

John.

Any news folks?

Once the water recedes it would be good to meet up and also to try to put some of the estoril / noggy / scuba / sepang / sprint blue discussions on other ASN sub-forums to rest.

John.

Hi John,

This should be happening in March time- no exact date has been arranged yet.

From what I understand the dealer will be looking at putting a few special activities on for us- so we need to wait and see when the most appropriate day will be for this. With March being the release of the new plate reg - I expect the dealership will be quiet busy around that time, so we are waiting for them to confirm more details.

I'm just as eager to get out in the motor as well- and this will be a great excuse :)

Sandra or I will update when we have more information

What's this blue paint colour discussion you speak of as well?

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Agree March time would be busy for the dealers.

Re the colour debate; a quick search on the A3 8V thread for Estoril should give you a taster.

John.