Aberdeen meet

A3simon

Reaction score
Looking to arrange a meet the first week of april gives all the boys waiting for their march deliveries time to get them. Let me know what folk think and we can decide where to meet and so on

looking at the 3rd/4th or 10th/11th as im only home for 2 weeks

Last edited:
Well done Si, right up for this. Hopefully have run the new car in and done all the initial mods. Too early to start a names list?

Never to early to start an initial interest list

1. A3simon

copy, paste and continue

I'll be up for this one.

Never to early to start an initial interest list

1. A3simon
2. Japper

I was hoping to get a meet together up here once I got the new car, but it looks like you beat me to it and I love that it's planned for after all the MY10's arrive! I think that the 3rd/4th would work best for me since I will have work on the 10th/11th...

Any ideas where you would like to meet? I think that we should stay clear of the beach so we don't get mixed in with the Corsa's and Ibiza's with bangin' systems... Min...

1. A3simon
2. Japper
3. Y444GAR
4. Dan!

im leaning towards sunday the 4th as for location its going to depend on how many people want to meet

if we are going that way ill take my bike instead lol

lets get some names and numbers and take it from there nearer the time

A run like that sounds great. Is a token A4 2.0T allowed to join if he's free or should I give him the cold, A3 owners shoulder? :)

no no its an Audi meet not model specific

although i get the feeling its going to be over run with facelift S3s

If im home i might pop by with the a3 whereabouts you thinking on the meet

1. A3simon
2. Japper
3. Y444GAR
4. Dan!
5. Phil (unsure if ill make it yet)

Lots of interest, quality. I'm in. Have spread the word as well, might have an 8L S3 coming too. Have you seen the Scottish owners location thread? Looks like there's plenty of 'Deen based members, could always get them involved.

1. A3simon
2. Japper
3. Y444GAR
4. Dan!
6. RicoS3

Min.

not seen the scottish owners thread, if dc is onshore he may come from fife, im trying to tease my mate into an s3 too.

im dundee based btw, well forfar

its weather dependant on what we do as a run and stop for drink and ******** would be good

Thread below this one in this forum mate lol!
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?47599-Scottish-region-members-Locations/page2

We're all not that far away from each other, so should get a good turn out.

Drumtochty Castle just past Stoney (I think, ha!) would be top for meet photos. Not sure they'd love us rockin' up like! Somewhere with good photo opp would be good though.

Si's in charge, let's get the list sorted, think of a venue and secure the date first.

Last edited:
http://www.glamis-castle.co.uk/
2 mins down the road from me, id be able to be there regardless of my motor situe, not sure if ill change to a newer motor or wait and go the whole hog for a spankers s3 (that would be a while away :laugh:)

dont think theyd be keen on that though, looks like itll have to be the empty roof of a multistorey car park

hopefully we can get a decent turn out for this then make it a regular thing

As long as im not working id be up for it.
1. A3simon
2. Japper
3. Y444GAR
4. Dan!
6. RicoS3
7.Rough

I don't know if anyone else drives out Strathdon way, but I like stopping at the Colquhonnie Hotel from time to time. Nice place and some good back road on the way out. Not so great for photos just there, but there are some great views on the way that might make for some good photo opportunities. :)

thought id add i can bring vagcom with me aswell if anyone wants to play with any settings

Yeah, that's why I know the road too. Used to be great when I had my Ninja before I laid it down at 60mph and it went through a wall! lol.

Never had any interaction with the VAGCOM (obviously since I don't have my Audi yet) but would be cool to see it in action!

Im new to the site so if i am not offshore for the chosen date then i'll come along, would be good to meet some new faces

1. A3simon
2. Japper
3. Y444GAR
4. Dan!
6. RicoS3
7.Rough
8. c41lum

looks like we have some decent numbers lets think what we want to do now and where

Have to pull out, currently off the road at the moment and not got my test untill the end of april. Was hopin to get my test before the meet.

**** man, doesn't sound good. Will the new car be sitting in a garage then? I'm sure there'll be another meet or you could passenger up?

Yup will be sitting in the garage, cleanest car in the world for a few weeks ha. I'm mates with Callum (c41lum) so will see about coming along with him if hes at home.

Last edited:
yeah, that sounds serious!

gar, if callum ends up not being able to come, the offer is always there for you to passenger up with me if you're brave enough to hop into a stranger's car (even if it is an audi...)! :)

don't think my diesel would be quite as exciting as the s3 you've got coming tho. lol.

Yup was off the road for a year after being caught speeding so enjoying the good old 'L' plates just now, nitemare.

haha thanks Dan, i'll see nearer the time.

No problem.

The worst possible thing that could happen... Got caught doing over double the limit in a 30 and thankfully only ended up with 6 points but I think they could have banned me if they wanted. Scary stuff.

Oh, and just so no-one thinks that I'm a baby killer for going that fast - its was 02:30 and I was on my way home from work with no other cars on the road and the stretch is a dual carriageway. So there were no civilians at risk. lol.

I got made an example of with my age and the car at the time, done the time now and am now a reformed driver.