Scottish RR day feeler

A3simon

Reaction score
Just a feeler to see if people would be interested in an RR day prob at STAR in kirkcaldy. Looking at April as thats when im next home . If i get alot of interest ill speak to jim to see what the score is with regards to costs

Id be up for that. Im sure on previous ones i have been to there its about £35 for 4x4 and £25 for 2wd.

going by another RR day arranged on another forum its £25 for 2WD and £40 for 4WD but ill confirm it all with jim once i have some numbers

It wont be any more than £40 anyway. They are pretty in that if the car is not right etc they will point you in the right direction and know their stuff. Are you on scottish vag? Would prob get some people from there to go.

its £50 as a one off so I hope it is less!
Count me in.
Well up for that

ill see what kind of numbers we get here then open it up to other forums

Put my name down for that, last time I was down there had my MK5 GTI on the rolling road was £25 for one run. That was a GTI owners day.

Right im looking at the 11th of april which is a sunday just waiting for Jim to get back to me. Would be an ideal oportunity for some photos and hopefully the start of a few meets for 2010.

just got a reply from Jim saying

Simon, mk1 S3 & mk1 TT are not good to dyno because of the haldex system & for that reason I cannot hold a dyno day.

Jim.

So i guess we can forget about it

Only if there was a high number of people with said cars wanting to go. No haldex on my car.:thumbsup:

Hi Simon

Hows it going, kinda know you from Eastside VW (Pau1GTI). Nice S3 btw, your car made me go for the bentleys in the end. Will have them on by the RR day so I'll up this.

How about wallace, or Ellon car clinic which was originally Jap Performance?

Paul

Last edited:
wallace is an idea depending if people are willing to travel. As for ellon car clinic they sold the RR a few months back

sorry, why won't a Haldex system work on his RR?

He has 300bhp an Octavia RS (or he did), that is Haldex if I am not mistaken,
Can't belive he RR'd it somewhere else

i think going by jims response he just doesnt want to do it

Nightmare min. Sounds like there's possibilities in Aberdeen, so will keep an eye on this.

Hows it going, kinda know you from Eastside VW (Pau1GTI).

Alright Paul, I'm Rico on Eastside, seen some of your posts. Be good to meet if we can arrange something.

Cheers,

Rich

Hi Rich, hows it going bud? Yeah seen you on there also. Hope we can sort somthing out as you say.

wallace is an idea depending if people are willing to travel. As for ellon car clinic they sold the RR a few months back

I can speak to one of the MLR regional Reps I know from when I had my evo. He has some good contacts at wallace from doing similar RRday for the evo lads?

If people think this could be an option I’ll speak to Steve.

Paul

not at the moment ill wait until after the festive season then try again

hey simon,

i would deffo be up for a RR espeially in glasgow....get back from the gulf the day before, so il be the sunburnt one lol

btw, may be a stupid ? but wtf is haldex???

I contacted Dashfixer and the prices are:

Price for 10-20 cars - 4WD £45
2WD £35

Price for 20+ cars - 4WD £40
2WD £30

They are based in Hillington Industrial Estate, Glasgow:

DashfixerRRLocation.jpg

It would be good if we could get a RR day on a Sunday around March/April time. As they are based in Glasgow this is pretty central for most i would imagine.

Who would be interested?

Davie

Cheers for that Davie unfortunately im out of the country so havent been able to chase anything up

id be interested if it was the 4th of april

4th of April would suit me mate :) Ill start a list.

Rolliing Road Day - Dashfixer Hillington 4th April 2010

1.David_Phillips95
2.A3Simon

All Interested add there name to the list.

Cheers Davie