Audi-sport Ring trip!!

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
this is just a question id like to ask yall

is anyone interested in doing a trip to the ring in 2010?

i think it would be good for us as a club to get together and make it over there to the famous circuit in our favourite cars. a trip to remember for years to come i think :beerchug:

this is not a planned trip, But if enough people are interested then im sure we can make it happen!!!

wot you guys think?

OOOOOOOOOOOOO YESSSSSSSS. I'm up for some of that.

You could count me in for this. Lets get saving :)

There deal's out there for the ring starting at £299 pp for a long weekend which inc hotel, ferry's..

put the word out guys and gals, this is a trip for anyone with an audi from the A2 to the RS6!!! if we get enough people interested and genuinely want to do this trip then summin can be arranged.

im up for this 100% so put the feelers out for people who want to drive the RING!!!!!!!

Imagine the pics and videos of a road trip to germany with a big convoy of Audi's :yum::yum::yum: rolling up for the ASN lol:kissmyrings:

i would love to go there. i love long journeys:))))

Been mentioned loads of times on various car threads before.
Sure it usually gets answered "Yes I'd love to" !

Including myself.

I'm planning on going more than once. Will probably be going out with a few RS's from the SRS and 246 forums, but would gladly come along with AS Net too...

Depending on weekend of course. Putting my marker down already - I can't do middle weekend of June = Le Mans, but if you were looking at doing a mid week session rather than weekend, I could do the following week, so would do Le mans and then the Ring on the way back...

Epic !

:racer: :jump:

Very interested in this excursion!!

I would love to i need to find a job to pay for it and can some one help me fix up my baby she needs a bit of TLC ive always wanted to go but i got a few questions

1. Im with the AA ( The break down club not the Drinkers club ) lol so do any one know if they cover out there

2. What would i need to take

3. ETC ETC

I fancy going too.....

Wouldn't mind booking a ride with Sabine in the ring taxi :racer:

we went this year in our skyline... its something you have to do at least once in your life !

I would love to do this, if only to put somemiles on my S3 lol, I doubt I can get the time off though, but I shall keep my eyes peeled on the date(s) you go for, just incase.

When I have been before its been for a long weekend so limited time off work needed... main thing is to check the dates the track is open to the public and for the most amount of time.

e.g if you plan a weekend when the track is only open on a Saturday to the public over a weekend, it would only take one bike accident and the track will be closed for hours and could possible ruin a good trip, In my experience and I have been a fair few times its best to plan for dates where the track is open periodically for 4 days straight. (Friday - Monday) that way you can guarantee you will get out despite weather (not a nice track in the wet) and accidents.

Booking early is essential because it is usually busy. I can help with hotels if needed.

Been mentioned loads of times on various car threads before.
Sure it usually gets answered "Yes I'd love to" !

Including myself.

i know wot you mean mate, that is why i put this out there early so people who want to come(genuine) can let us know so we can start looking and researching things, obviously the boys who have been before and the regulars would be great as its always good for some experienced people to be there to guide us. if people are genuine and want to go then how do we go abouts getting the job done i.e track session bookings, hotels, ferrys,directions, track times etc.......... im 100% up for this if we can get enough people to go. ill be able to get time off work when ever so mid week or long weekends are fine but we should try and accomodate for everyone.

good to see such a positive response though

no date as of yet, we are looking to see wot sort of interest there will be in this trip first, we need a good 12 cars or there abouts so as long as people are interested and genuinly want to do it then we can make arrangements. probably loking to do it in the summer of 2010 though so aslong as there is plenty of people who realy want to do this and can commit to it then all is good

I'd love to do this, but summer 2010 is not good for me ... I have a wedding and honeymoon in June which is using up both funds and holiday from work!

I will keep an eye out though for future trips. Good luck planning it, should be awesome!

Hi guys, I'm already planning a trip to the 'ring and would be interested in combining it with an AS.net event. I've been looking at http://nurburgring.org.uk/ to find out more info. It's a great site that was recommended to be by Westle on this forum.

Not sure if I'll be going in 2010 or 2011 at the moment, but if we can get a group together for mid-2010 then that's what I'll do. I'd be happy to help with the organising.

Hey, S4twiggy - just thought I'd let you know that Santa brought me a lambswool mitt & a microfibre towel after you lent me yours at the Audi Driver International earlier in the year! The sponge & chamois as now safely locked away!

Hi guys, I'm already planning a trip to the 'ring and would be interested in combining it with an AS.net event. I've been looking at http://nurburgring.org.uk/ to find out more info. It's a great site that was recommended to be by Westle on this forum.

Not sure if I'll be going in 2010 or 2011 at the moment, but if we can get a group together for mid-2010 then that's what I'll do. I'd be happy to help with the organising.

Hey, S4twiggy - just thought I'd let you know that Santa brought me a lambswool mitt & a microfibre towel after you lent me yours at the Audi Driver International earlier in the year! The sponge & chamois as now safely locked away!

sounds good mate, id like to get out to the ring and do this trip but we nee a few others too but im in so far.

glad santa got you the lambswool mate, lets hope for some sun now so we can wash the ****** cars lol

if i can save at least 500 quid for fuel alone i may consider it :p lol

id love to see vids, once the s3 project is done im in but that will be next year round for the cash flow

I'd definitely love to come!! 2.0TDI won't be that fast, but it's the experience that counts!! :happy:

i went with by diesel a4 in 2009 and came back through amsterdam and all in it cost about £900 for me and the miss. that 300 for diesel, 200 for ferries and 400 for hotels not including food and spending money

depending on dates i'd defo go over again but if i can't make it, i'll help with any planing or questions.

Hi all
Whats the crack with this..I'm part in France / UK ..Paris based so from experience its 3-4 hrs to the ring from there - well depends how u drive!
But I'm a possible depending on dates...and my french pal normally drives his 997 C2S...he needs a little Rs4 humiliation.
Keep me posted

A4

good to see more people wanting to go to the ring as a whole, unfortunately for me i have lost my job so wont be coming this year unless i get work soon but hopefully with the more support it gets and more people who want in then maybe next year we can get a whole lot of us there as a club.

twiggy im in the same boat as you butty i know it aint the same but what about this for those who cant afford to go it would be summin i would go for. We work out the guys and gals who are a bit sraped for cash all meet up at a certain place rent a mini bus and drive there together, i know it aint the same as driving your own car ect ect but at least its a break from the uk and asn members can get to gether and hopfully give some money to the of the asn members who have taken their cars and go round the track. like i say its not ideal but it would be better than nothing what do you guys and girls think is it doable:thumbsup:

its do-able tazzy mate but the whole point of going there is to get your car round the famous circuit so i will try anything to get my car there. its a good idea mate but i want to take the car lol i want to test her on the track for a change.

Probably dead thread but im a newbie here, very interested in any trips to the ring.... Did a euro trip start of july this summer but that was before i got the s3....

I go across to the 'ring at least once and usually twice every year. Something of an addict you might say! Usually use these guys to organise it for me. It can be done slightly cheaper yourself, but I just like it hassle free!

Nurburgring

Can highly recommend a trip across there though, the most fun you can have with your clothes on. This year may be the last to do it too as the new private "owners" have c**ked it up and the place is millions in debt.

i am well on this i was gunna book it myself but if there is a group thing give me a time and a dat and i will be there (plus i want the sticker)