Should Events be more prominent

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
I think this section should be further up in the forum list to create more interest.... through reviewing other forums that seem to have better take up off events, they seem to have theirs as a feature.... just something I think is worth contemplating, I for one haven't used this section for months through forgetting about it..... what does everyone else think?

Tim

If there is one thing I have noticed over the years, Audi owners in general don't do the regular local meets thing, where as Vauxhall/Ford/VW owners are a bit more dedicated to the cause.

Just an observation of course.

When i used to own a pug 306 gti6 the club base was massive, and when we use to meet up down southend in essex the pug's were turning up from all over. Back then we just phoned member's up to plan time's and date's no internet to share the word
of a meet. The good thing about the Audi local / major event's is that they give people plenty of notice.. But the member's who say they will be there drop out for some reason ..

ive noticed this with audi drivers too, they dont seem to want to meet p much and like CMD said alot of people say they will be there but end up dropping out or not turning up which is shame, i tink the more and more we start to get these meets up and running and start to get to know people it will become bigger d better but we need the support through other people coming more often.

We are getting there with the bigger meets though, I'm sure there are mini meets amongst friends out there, but not so active on this forum.

i meant the mini meets jojo, my bad! our event meets are some of the best in the audi scene

It would be nice to get the local meets bigger. I know that i started out with G8ANT (even thought i tried with a few otheres on RS246, but nothing ever came of it (which was a shame)) and we were meeting all over the place from jnc33 to Llantrisant and Cowbridge!

1animal1 - agree with you on that. When i had my XR's and RS's we were meetin all over the place and quite often at strange times?!

I wonder if Audi drivers are abit more conservative??!!

HOLD up people as Audi-sport. net is the forum of choice for many, and as we all have an Audi of some sort we all have something in common. To share your idea's and so on is a good thing (i have learn't alot) .But to say audi driver's are more conservative na i can't wear that. The thing is if you like to share pic's of new bit's of kit you have spent $$$$$ on' when a local or major event is held and people are waiting to see car's that they have been reading about for week's on end and the owner and car don't show it's gutting... Jojo for Audi inters you had all fifty places filled and on the day there were 35 on the stand. Major event's are planned and the ball start's rolling people have plenty of notice. I'm sorry for the rant but come on you guy's Audi in the park, Audi inters, Gti inter's were all well planned by you guy's
and the word was put out well in advance the name's were down . I feel if you say YES i will be there get up and join in. I'm up for all the local/major meet's and was hoping myself and Grant were going to try and arrange a trip to the Ring for 2010, i will be asking for more than a name ..

I agree with a lot of the above - my theory came from recently joining a Mini club (misus just bought her 2nd), after joining the notts Mini club, I have to say the events are left right and centre....now i know Mini will always be one of the more prolific clubs to meet up...just don't see why we cant do it more regularly

I agree with a lot of the above - my theory came from recently joining a Mini club (misus just bought her 2nd), after joining the notts Mini club, I have to say the events are left right and centre....now i know Mini will always be one of the more prolific clubs to meet up...just don't see why we cant do it more regularly

You have to factor in the number of cars on the road of specific models, and the number of enthusiasts owning them. I personal think there's a split between car models within the same brand, like RS/S cars and lower badges Ax(insert 2,3,4,5,6,8), or 8P and 8L generally stick with each other. but with larger events like AudisinthePark and Audi Drivers, where the Audi brand is concerned, then we get the bigger numbers to show up. With Mini's and Golf's, which have a cult following, and huge numbers on the road, there will always be more enthusiasts willing to make the effort for local meets etc.

Just my opinion of course.

na i put the post up to get opinions.....you have a point when i relate back to the Mini club.... most that attend are the mainstream cars, and theres more of a cult following/history to go on..... think thats a good summary jo

To get roughly back on topic again (roughly)......the question was "should events be more prominent?"

I agree, but then I would.

The Audi "scene" is NEVER going to be as big as the "cult" scenes of the VW, Ford, Mini and such......However, as proven with AITP, it does have a surprising big following.

Someone said earlier that Audi owners are more conservative than the above mentioned owners (VW, Ford etc).....again, I totally agree.

Audi owners tend to be more family orientated and this is why there is never much Audi presence at the BIG cult vag meets like Edition 38 etc.

The Audi scene, as far as I can see, has 4 main catagories.......1) The Performance boyz & Gurlz, 2) The Show & Shine Boyz & Gurlz, 3) The Classic Boyz & Gurlz and 4) The General proud to be an Audi owner section!

I'm pretty sure that ALL of us fall into at least one of these catagories if not more!

Shows like AITP were created to bring ALL of these classes together, to cater for ALL and have something for all.

Any event, Big or small will ONLY work if the organizer puts the effort in. I took a gamble with AITP and (luckily) it paid off.

The small "pub car park" meets dont always work as they (to me) seem a bit cliquey......where as the big events tend to breakdown barriers and bring everyone together as a community.

My 2 pence worth.....please feel free to click the "THANKS" button if you agree.

Peace and Love
Calvin

Some good points made above but not all Audi owners are conservative tbh, some but certainly not the ones I have befriended. I was part of the UK-MKIVs and we had quite a few local meets but as said above the smaller meets were very clicky and put me off a bit.

Since joining here, most are welcoming, not all but hey, thats life.

I would love more local meets but again worried of the clickyness of them. We did make a huge effort to go to Inters this year, a 3hr drive each way and really glad we did. Met some new friends that i cant wait to see at AITP. So once again we will make the 3 hr each way trip because we have said we will go and wont let anyone down. I do think though that AITP will be the best as already the thread on it has some great fun and banter with folk chatting on it that may not have come across each other if they just stick to their own car forums on here.

It is true some of the A3 owners dont mix but I have tried on the A6 part of the forum (as I had one) but they dont really chat etc.

Anyway, I think we should encourage more meets esp as the summer will soon be over and its good to meet up and share thoughts and ideas and for me, seeing all the cars, mods and engines is just brilliant.

"should events be more prominent?" YES, definitely!

I think it would be good if each area had their own mini meets, set dates so people know exactly where and when they are. Having the mini meets would keep us all up to date and when it comes to big shows/meets, each area would be more organised to have their own convoys to attend the big shows/meets. It can only make Audisport bigger and better! :)

Good thread Tim! :respekt:

"should events be more prominent?" YES, definitely!

I think it would be good if each area had their own mini meets, set dates so people know exactly where and when they are. Having the mini meets would keep us all up to date and when it comes to big shows/meets, each area would be more organised to have their own convoys to attend the big shows/meets. It can only make Audisport bigger and better! :)

Good thread Tim! :respekt:

totaly agree, befor i had the audi, i had an almera GTI (modified to death) and the owners club organised plenty of meets based around the country, but made a weekend of it, hotel jobbie, for exampl, mids area meet we would do shakespear drag way on the saturday, night in the town then static meet on the sunday, was a good way to get to know ppl aswell