Is there a regular Scottish meet?

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
New to the site and wondering if theres enuff interest up here for meets etc, in Glasgow area?

car01.jpg

BUMP>>>>>

Sounds like a good idea to me Foxmeister....I'd love to attend. What with work, wife kids n everythin else god knows where n when I could fit it in but I'm sure i could try n sort sumthin out.

The Scottish members thread is building in numbers so lets keep this thread alive n see if there are any takers

Jim

l might be up for this as well. Possibly able to cox some south of the border boys up as well.

Find it inspiring to meet other enthusiasts alike and even pick up some ideas for modding your own car at meets and shows etc but doesnt seem like much happening north of the border, especially in good weather, good excuse to get the cars oot!

New to the Audi scene but looks like it has a massive following, previously was in the RS owners club which had plenty of local groups all over. Think it helps people get to know each other better aswell, put names to faces etc.

Im also very busy usually with work and family life, but lets see if theres enuff interest generated to maybe organise sumthin, maybe even every 2nd month or so, anybody any ideas/ suggestions???

Scottish modified car show was just on. I couldn't go, it'd have been a great oppertunity to get together.... Anybody make it?

Scottish modified car show was just on. I couldn't go, it'd have been a great oppertunity to get together.... Anybody make it?

Thats an idea for a start, could maybe look at more public type events first for general cars and go as a group to kick it off rather than our own small meets as im sure if these are good days out it would grow in size, shows like dieselfitter says and also if people are interested in hot hatch days at knockhill etc, good days out and chance to drive the cars.(Dont mean on track, unless you want to???)

I wont make many for the time being as my Audi is undergoing some changes and being built to my own spec which will take till end of the year, maybe onto next, but could still tag along in my other car, as long as people dont bully me, its a Vauxhall!!! :asskicking::moa::blush:

Keep posting up any interest guys, the more there is, the likely it'll will happen. Also, more ideas for shows etc to attend. Keep it up! :rock:

Last edited:
Am a newbie to this forum but think a scottish meet would be great, You can count me in for sure:iagree:

I'm up for this too, not so much into the big organised events etc but a meet in a good scenic place for pics and a bit of car talk etc would be great.

Maybe somewhere like the viewpoint at the top of The rest and be thankful, especially good as there's normally a cracking burger van there and the roads up there can be a joy!

I would definatly be up for this. All i need to do is find the right car and get myself along. There are also sum really nice driving roads around where i stay and sum nice spots for pics etc.

Anyone kin of a nice audi for sale :happy:

If it was on a weekend I could come up the road. I have a place to crash East or West coast so not bothered. Only lets not do it in the middle, I mean Harthill services?! Nah. :p

whats wrong with Harthill? Many a dodgy deal done there LOL

Tell me about it! East meets West trading point is no joke.

I think that we should crash Strathclyde Park and scare the nappies off the corza Strathy massif. Bring your own Bucky though. :w00t:

Luss is a crackin wee spot for this kinda thing, even means you can take the missus so she can see where take the high road was filmed...lol

Sunday the 13th of Septmeber is Speed Sunday at Knockhill could be the ideal time and place for a meet

^^^ Thats the sorta thing i was thinking about, events at Knockhill etc where theres plenty happening to keep everybody amused etc.

Hi guys i'm kinda new to this forum too and stay in Fife so should be ok to meet up aswell, although you'll need to excuse my standard 1.8se avant as I'm trying to finish my new shape Bravo first before I start on the Audi :icon_thumright:

Been working away in Aberdeen past while so no had a chance to follow things up yet, and also working on the Audi at any given chance when im back. Seems a bit late on for shows etc to attend but will keep an eye out and be back home in next fortnight again.

Sorry folks, as said ive been working away recently and re-decorating the house for Crimbo and been made redundant so been hectic few months. Only good thing is now i'll be able to get some work on the Audi soon to push it on!:keule:

Anyways, seems Bonnie Scotland always lacks any meets or even decent shows for that matter, and seeing as there is no real arrangement up here i'd be interested in some ideas which people think would be the way forward, and when i get the chance will look into arranging sumthing for the coming year hopefully.

At the end of the day, its for the enjoyment of the people attending these meets/shows etc, so firstly does anybody have any input as to wot organisation would be suitable for all, i.e do we think everybody should attend one, ideally central positioned roughly, Scottish meet around once a month????????

Or, would people be happier with a North/South group to keep people closer to home generally, with maybe both groups merging once or twice a year as a general Scottish meet to give people a chance to get to know folk further afield?????????

Please list any ideas or other takes on the above^^^

Cheers, Mick.

A north and south split would be best as I know I'd be ****** if I travelled down south and no one turned up. Maybe we could use the RR day I'm trying to organise as a meet for both groups

A north and south split would be best as I know I'd be ****** if I travelled down south and no one turned up. Maybe we could use the RR day I'm trying to organise as a meet for both groups

Ok Simon, all comments taken onboard. Take it your near Aberdeen then?

If there was a split between North/South, we would need someone ro represent the North side, would this be something you would be interested in?

When and where is the RR day event organised for, as this is definately the sort of thing groups are about? Doubt i personally would have my Audi ready if its soon, but that shouldnt stop people attending as it'd be a good initial starting point for people to attend to get to know each other.

Thanks for the feedback, more we get the quicker we can organise and arrange future progression for this kinda stuff in bonnie Scotland, keep it cumin peeps!!!:arco:

new member from aberdeen here think it's a brill idea lads u could easily count me in too , but could u let me know where & when it would be as i work away from home . plus i think it would give people a chance to drop ideas to each other cheers

Ok Simon, all comments taken onboard. Take it your near Aberdeen then?

If there was a split between North/South, we would need someone ro represent the North side, would this be something you would be interested in?

When and where is the RR day event organised for, as this is definately the sort of thing groups are about? Doubt i personally would have my Audi ready if its soon, but that shouldnt stop people attending as it'd be a good initial starting point for people to attend to get to know each other.

Thanks for the feedback, more we get the quicker we can organise and arrange future progression for this kinda stuff in bonnie Scotland, keep it cumin peeps!!!:arco:

Yeah im from just north of Aberdeen but i spend most my tim in the middle east working. Id be quite happy to arrange things when im home though. Id also like to see at least a monthly meet maybe last sunday of the month somewhere like perth for both north and south to meet up. I used to go to ClubGTI with my dad back in the day and we would meet at a pub for some soft drinks and a bit of craic then head out to the car park for a nosey round the cars and to see what people have been doing with their cars.

Also be good to have local meets for north and south once a month or more depending on the interest

Ok folks, i know this post died on its a**e really, but myself like a lot of folk i imagine have had trouble with redundancy, house payments etc. Im now back in work and hope those affected are too, and after collecting all my bits and bobs for the Audi, still havent got it on the road yet, typical eh! Slow and steady wins the race as they say thou, so time will tell and some intersting parts will get me there.

Anyway, quick update is there is a meeting on at the Stirling Audi showroom on the 19th Sept Fri, Audi SRS boys will be in attendance aswell as a generous VAG turnout for those with Veedub inspiration. Having spoke to these guys they are more than welcoming to any Audi/VW enthusiast to attend and plenty of S/RS models will be there with large power etc.

Regardless of the car you currently drive( im using my daily 57 plate Vectra C SRi ) anybody is welcome. If people are interested in attending this meet, please let me know thru pm or thread and we can organise a meeting point, then convoy to the destination.

Cheers.

Hmmmm. Woulda been up for this, but the S4 insurance runs out today. D'oh. Would renew it, except I'll probably be going away for the rest of the year soon, so not much point for a couple weeks. Could take the A3 I guess, but we'll see. If I'm about, I'll be there.

mmm, probably not the best day to read up on the meet LOL.

Im sure a Glasgow meet can be organised now summer holidays are by with & everybody is back to work.

I didnt even make that one myself....Oops! Had a birth in the family and was on visiting duties, but i will tie in with the lads again and see about the next, will give some more notice etc this time aswell.

any meets happening soon? wouldnt mind getting to know some people from here

Dazz

Hey once again folks,

Dont worry as nothing ever was confirmed or set up for the Scottish side meets here, mostly everyone has been busy.

Even worse than before, im now driving a Ford Transit as my daily, contain the laughs please, but on a positive note the Audi is looking a lot better than i had planned, although my mrs and wallet are seriousley distressed due to this! All's fair and all that....

I am once again looking into some sort of meet structure thats suitable for as many as possible, ideally introducing other local likeminded clubs(Audi and VAG inspired obviously), also looking into race days with only our cars to limit concerns etc, some drag strip and also track days that will interest most and also give a good day out for all wether they take to the track or not.

I will keep info flowing through this section until the time comes that we end up in the same place, and as always, any ideas you have please post here and they will be considered for future events etc.

Expect something soon people.

Cheers, Mick.

Have been looking for some audi slash vw meets too. Keep me posted please. Gone the days of Edinburgh Cruise : (

new member first time audi...id be maybe up for some of this,,ive got an s3...from dundee

Perhaps we should start a new thread and just set a date for a meet, Sunday 25th september off the top of my head. Gives people more than a months notice, hopefully we could get at least a dozen or so people???