SOUTH CENTRAL/WEST ISH MEET : JULY (Bmth, S'ton, Rwood, Vwood etc)

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
Hi all, fellow asn member vrbob and I have met up quite a few times after starting these threads advertising a meet and only to have no one turn up but us! We have VAG com and meet up and chat, have a drink compare cars and mods etc and generall help eachother out on anything that needs doing.

Previously we have met at beaulieu motor museum car park which has worked well being pretty well placed around all these areas.

So just starting a new thread with a view to getting more people along as the days are longer now also.

I'm suggesting a Sunday afternoon, possibly next Sunday as I am free then - 15th July. Otherwise it would be 29th July. We're not ruling out a week night either but depending on how much response we get and people's general availability will determine this. Last time we had a lot of response and then no one came! Not having a go at all just wanting to get something sorted that more people can potentially come to.

So, Sunday 15th July 2-3pm ish start Beaulieu car park - any takers>?!

Cheers, Josh

Pretty sure i am free the 15th too mate so thats the usual gang sorted just need some new faces now lol

Just to add this is more a south central meet as both the south west and south east seem to have meets sorted so we are just tyring to fill that gap in the middle phnaar phnaar

yeah cos i am a real expert lol but if i can do it anyone can do it!

Will also have my VCDS cable and netbook with me so can do some fault code scanning etc

Josh might be also a good time to get a few logs done as we can ride shotgun in each others cars and record some info to see how we are running etc as lasty time we met and did a few launches the raods were dead quiet and there are a few long straights that might be good for some 3rd gear runs.

yeah rob thats a gd idea - just been reading up on this n249 delete thing and am i right in saying that as our engines don't have the sai pipe or the n112 that we can do it running just one pipe from the dv to the inlet mani? just bought the vac hose for it. went for blue to stay the same as my tip, filter and fir my intercooler pipework - which is not fitted yet btw as the intercooler isnt even delivered yet!

On a BAM engined car like ours its a peice of cake really, As yeah all you need is about a 1m length of 4mm intenal diameter silicone pipe. Then remove all the stuff on top of the block by the plugs. Keep the mounting plate as you need this for your engine cover to fit to plus you can put the N249 back on its holder as you need to leave this connected to the car. You then run the new 4mm silicone pipe from the nipple under the throttle body on the right hand side if looking at the engine bay and this then runs to the top of the DV. I went for black and then ran it in as tidy a way as possible so it looks quite OEM still. I then used small cable ties to hold the new pipe onto the DV and the nipple on the TB.

Go for a quick drive and make sure it still boosting and dumping ok and bobs your uncle :)

On a side note what spring you running in your DV? cos you have a forge 007P like me dont you cos i have now swapped to a yellow spring as this is supposedly better for stage 1 mapped cars.

Oh and just picked up a set of wheel spacers second hand from the classifieds on here so hoping that will improve my stance a little as i am currently in the process of refubing my 18" RSTT`s so the car is on my spare set of 17" TT rims at the mo.

yeah i need spacers, ill bring tools on sunday and we can do the n249 delete if its that easy! oh and im not yet running a forge one, i might get one before sunday tho and we put that on too! if you bring ur spacers we could put those on too! also i have invited 2 friends i met on the meet on sunday from the tidyvag forum. they drive vws but hey its more people. so now we have 4 of us.. :)

yeah i need spacers, ill bring tools on sunday and we can do the n249 delete if its that easy! oh and im not yet running a forge one, i might get one before sunday tho and we put that on too! if you bring ur spacers we could put those on too! also i have invited 2 friends i met on the meet on sunday from the tidyvag forum. they drive vws but hey its more people. so now we have 4 of us.. :)

The 007p is a doddle to fit as it just needs old crappy clips removed and then new clips fitted (you may need a small cable tie or 2 to fit the pipe to the top of the DV as it is pretty small). If you can you may be better off getting a Forge 008 as i have heard this is not too much more than the 007p and it comes with extra springs etc included so you can fit a yellow spring for your setup.

As for doing the n249 delete the only tough bit was getting access to the underside of the throttlebody as you need to remove the plate that the dipstick attaches to. Also need to remove the crap ontop of the block which is pretty straight forward so make sure you have the tools for that and we can give it a whirl :)

And yeah the more the merrier :) so will see you sunday afternoon. I should already have my spacers fitted by then as am too imaptient lol

assortment of screwdrivers philips and flatblade as they are just handy for clips etc. if i remember correctly the rest are all allen key fittings ontop of the block etc.

The bit i had trouble with was the plate thats infront of the throttlebody as both my bolts were rusted solid and had to drill them out and replace.

I use this kit Halfords | Halfords Professional 36 piece 1/4" Socket Set which is pretty handy and has alot of useful stuff in it.

If i was you i would just have a quick look under the bonnet before sunday to make yourself familiar with what need to come off etc. so mostly is the stuff under the engine cover and the plate the dipstick is attached to.

yeah I had a look at all the threads on the n249 delete and had a look under the engine, i know what needs to be removed and where to run the new vac hose etc like u say its that bloomin metal plate.. got my forge 008 today from dpm so will get that on tonight hopefully - oh and yesterday i took a leaf our of your book and painted my callipers. red i went for. i'll get some pics up soon. bit of over paint as i did it with them still on, but makes them more noticeable behind the wheels.

Defo still on for this sunday but will see if i can mke the 29th too :)

I say we give fitting your bits n bobs ago and then see how were doing, After that i think we should do some logging if the roads are quiet and its not pouring with rain etc. Yeah no point doing a before and after of the N249 as it does not create more bhp just effects how the DV operates.

So lets jump in your car and then go for a blast and we can try out some logging and then we can try logging mine after.

Have we had anymore conformations af atendees or is it just us and possibly a couple of the VW`s you met the other week?

Good work fella :)

Well four is beter than two lol

i am there :) can i borrow your vcds cable for a moment as well if i ask nicely? :beerchug:

i am there :) can i borrow your vcds cable for a moment as well if i ask nicely? :beerchug:

Of course mate this is the reason we try to meet up to chat about cars and help each other out so will be good to meet another local S3 as such.

My VCDS cable is always in the car so just gotta chuck the netbook in and make sure its charged up on sunday :)

Of course mate this is the reason we try to meet up to chat about cars and help each other out so will be good to meet another local S3 as such.

My VCDS cable is always in the car so just gotta chuck the netbook in and make sure its charged up on sunday :)

thank you very much :) samB off of here should be coming and hopefully gav as well

Schweet glad to see some more names on the list.

Just put the dog bone mount in my glovebox so wont forget it :)

Just added the new meet details for the 29th to my sig too so maybe we can get even more peeps :)