Hi all, many thanks for looking and helping promote this event for a very good cause. In my capacity as the Sporting Bears South West Rep it gives me great pleasure to let you all know about a fantastic day out that the team have organised…….
Planes, Games & Autom...obiles at Goodwood
This event will have three main elements focusing on providing a great day out for families and petrol heads alike. Come and celebrate the Jubilee with us on a right Royal day out in the heart of Sussex at the wonderful Goodwood circuit/Aerodrome, home to the world famous Festival of Speed and the Revival meeting.
• ‘Fly In’ for aircraft with waived (pre-66)/reduced landing fees
• Static Displays including a Spitfire
• Royal Navy Historic Flight (TBC)
• Helicopter Pleasure Flights courtesy of Elite Helicopters
• Chinook Display (TBC)
• Lynx Display (TBC)
• Fun Cake ‘Fly In’
Jubilee themed day for all the family including a huge picnic table focused on providing as much fun as possible for families and the children:
• Treasure Hunt; find the hidden clues to win a ride in a Ferrari or an alternative prize
• Cake baking competition with prize cake being supplied by Miranda Gore Brown
• Games, Three legged race, Egg and Spoon and Sack races
• Vintage bus rides for the children around the circuit
• The Jubilee Concert viewed on the big screen-TBC
• Fancy Dress -1950's style - prize for the winner
• Jubilee Street Party, in the spirit of the 1950's
• Sports Adventure Stars activities
• Bouncy Castles and Fun Runs
• Children's craft competition
• Jackie James Jewellery
• Purbrook Teddy Bears
• RNRMCF Crafts
• Bouncy Castle
• Juni and Jack
• Face Painting
• Willow Crafts
• Military Band
• Revival Hats
• Craft Stalls
• Book Stalls
A track/dream ride focused element. The car events will include track sessions throughout the day of up 30 cars up to 98 dB with the addition of a further 10 cars running passenger rides including:
• Passenger laps in Duncan Graham’s Time Attack 800hp Hawkeye Impreza
• Passenger laps in Mark Feighan’s Black Widow Tuning Impreza
• Parade laps Fangio’s 1952 Ferrari to lead the parade laps (TBC)
• Photography from the ever popular Nick Williams
• WSR in attendance with their BMW Touring Car
• Photos for the passengers by Mark Connell
• West Sussex Military Vehicle Trust
• High speed passenger laps
• FF1600 also for sitting in
• Virgin Racing F1 car
The Track day:
Sessioned Track day of 15 minutes each allowing for sessions for:-
• NOVICES – INTERMEDIATES – EXPERIENCED
• Superb value at only £160 per half day and £300 for a full day
• Book an extra driver for as little as £30
• Fully marshalled by Goodwood staff
• Book a passenger for an extra £10
• Helmet hire for £10 per person
• All cars will be subject to a noise test at a static 98dBs @ 75% revs at a distance of 3 metres and also subject to a ‘drive-by’ noise test of 96dBs.
Some of the cars attending so far include a McLaren MP4-12C, Aston Martin V12, Ferrari F355 Spider, Ferrari 360; the list is on the rise so please get in touch if you would like to attend in either track or static form.
The Chairman of Virgin Racing has kindly donated F1 memorabilia for auction and raffle. He has also donated Virgin merchandise with the proceeds going to the Henry Surtees Foundation. Rumours of the ‘Virgin Girls’ attendance will be confirmed in due course. John Surtees has been invited to open the event.
Dream Rides from the Sporting Bears
Building on an already proven and exhilarating attraction, the Sporting Bears will be carrying out their famous Dream Rides around a 10 mile route of Goodwood through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Static Car displays with the children judging best car. Clubs invited, with more to follow to date:
• Of course the one and only Piston Heads
• Avenue Drivers Club
• Wessex Ferrari Owners Club
• TVR Owners Club
• Club Scuderia
The event is in aid of the Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children’s Fund About Us | RNRMCF with all proceeds going directly to the charity. Formed in 1902 it is one the oldest children’s charity in the UK. They support children with mental and physical disabilities, however due to operations in Afghanistan the support to families due to bereavement has risen sharply over the last few years.
As we can all see from the news, the fatalities have been heavy and the charity is committed to looking after the bereaved children and supports them up to the age of 21. Over the course of 2010/11 we assisted 1600 children at an average cost of £798 per child. Of these:
• 49% were suffering from a disability or mental or physical illness.
• 40% were due to the consequence of parental illness or death.
• 11% due to the impact of parental relationship problems (these are increasingly due to the parents post traumatic stress)
• Baz Firth-South West Sporting Bears Rep
• Lorie Coffey-RNRMCF
• Simon Wright-Track Day and passenger rides
• Clare Scherer-RNRMCF
• Max Walker-Sporting Bears
• Huw Page-Sporting Bears
If we can organise 15 - 20 cars I can sort an Audisport.net stand area for us. Let me know your thoughts